Act 32

Careful, steady

Careful, steady...patient

Ania kept her eye on the flying raven, the arrow knocked and ready to strike, Lou eyed her as she finally releases the bow, and a cold hiss befalls the atmosphere as the arrow pierces the raven's neck, the bird limps and dives head-first. Her cold, golden eyes shift to Lou, giving him a silent command to retrieve the deceased bird. The two stand before a snowy hill, the air was cold, and the skies are dark.

A sigh escapes her lips, the cold air nips her alabaster skin, and she relishes it.

Lou had told her that Edward Altair received a raven, and he sent one back in return.

All going to one address, Clalmonia, Institute of Arcane. The academy where the vessels study.

The pale-blonde woman hums, "Something's up, Edward doesn't bother to send a letter to that half-" She chuckles, "Ah, what's the point of thinking over it..."

"You highness!" Lou runs towards her, his footfalls are heavy, and his pants resonate.

"What is in the letter, Lou?"

The man raises the letter in her direction. "It's about a family gathering." Ania raised a brow, "Family gathering?" He nods, "Between the Altairs, Thorne, and Keist." Lou adds. The older woman takes the letter from his hands and reads the letter:

Altair Estate, Valerion

April 12th, year 1084
Greetings, Irene Ariadne Thorne,

I've read your letter and I've known your reputation and potential as a Thorne and in regards to my daughter, I am shocked and impressed that you are courting her of all people. I'm not saying that I disagree with your challenge, I rather find it refreshing for someone to go against the marriage, if it eases you, then it can be arranged.

All families of Altair, Thorne, and Keist shall meet at Valerion to discuss this cancelation of my daughter's marriage, and I look forward to seeing and meeting you in our manor.

In the 27th day of April, we shall meet, and my daughter's hand in marriage shall be put to the test.

Sincerely,
Edward Vaelis Altair

Ania felt her hands grip the letter. A cruel smirk graced her lips, "April 27th?" She mused, "Y/N? Getting married at such a fresh age?" She throws him back the letter, "Summon another raven and send the letter to the academy; Clalmonia, just in case your brain refuses to work."

Lou flushed as he takes the letter from the snowy ground. "So phase three has begun, huh..." The older woman smiles at him, "Of course, it's about time you visit you make yourself known to your former classmates, you did study there, yes?"

Lou nods meekly, "Very well, send the letter to Y/N. Now."

"What shall we do about this information then?"