Act 12

The doors of the Thorne manor signals the closing of the dinner party

Irene turned around and stomps back into her home before Jisoo can even react. Both her mother, father, and Jisoo looked after the receding form of Irene. Their mother looks at Jisoo, "Why is she in a rush?" Her cold tone laced with curiosity, Irene's father, Adam Thorne smirked darkly at his retreating daughter. He turns to his wife, his dark eyes swirling with thought.

"Leave her for now, she might be preparing to leave, because, in two days, Clalmonia will be ready to accept its' students back."

"I've heard, father," Jisoo turns to both parental figured and bowed, "I'll be following her shortly after I made sure everything is back in place." Lord Thorne nods in reply as his youngest daughter leaves the front gate, he then turns to the carriages, one by one they leave he spots a familiar carriage one that is elegantly made with silver accents, and black destriers huffing and their hooves stomping against the marsh ground and next to the warhorses is the only daughter of Lord Altair if he heard her name correctly was Y/N, the girl whom he'd seen Irene wrap her arms around her.

His lips formed into a sly smile and he looks at his home where Irene had retreated.

"Dance of flowers," He scoffed in amusement, "Quick thought for someone who doesn't usually dance."

His wife followed his line of sight, "Y/N Altair?"

He turns to her with a perfectly raised brow, "The Altairs must be getting popular nowadays, even you know their name." Charlotte Port hums, "The reason why they're getting popular is that she's politically engaged to the son of Lord Keist." Adam shook his head sideways, "A waste of beauty and bloodline." He remarks as Y/N steps inside the carriage with a nonchalant expression, and the door of the transport closes. "I expected her father to choose someone better."

"Indeed," Charlotte then walks back to their castle, while Adam placed his hands inside his coat pocket.

Adam sighs deeply, his sharp eyes then overlooked the statue of a dragon with its mouth spurting out water, his wife's words struck him with curiosity as he begins to reflect. The Altairs have already made sure to secure their future, but what of Irene-

He hung his head low with a chuckle, how could he have not noticed? He could be wrong, but his eyes didn't miss it, the invitation and the so-called dance of flowers...or he could be right! But first, he has to have a little talk with his daughter, the words of his father replayed in his mind when he was just about Irene's age:

"If you want it, make sure to grasp it with both hands and it won't escape you."

He told his daughter before, and he's going to remind her about it tonight.

_______________________

Irene's obsidian black orbs glared at her neatly folded clothes, ready to be packed within her luggage as she prepares for her departure from home. Her eyes then snap to her weapon and then back to her luggage. Days from now, all students will be back to Clalmonia and resume their academic activities and her responsibilities as the president of the academy.