Act 10

Irene clenches her jaw and charges towards you, exhaustion and fatigue written on your features as you close your eyes and allow your body to fall on the marsh ground

Before your back was inches from touching the ground, Irene had already caught you in her arms, your body warm against hers. She secures her hands, one of your nape and one on your lower back, and pressed you against focused against her body as she dashes off in the speed of light to avoid the enlarged shadow from above, jumping from roof to roof, the tiles cracking under the weight of her shoes, teeth grit and eyes on high alert on her footing and adjusting her grip to a bridal style and jumps behind one of the buildings, her arms protectively wrapped around you as a loud 'splat' echoes in the institute with blood splattering on every exposed spot.

Irene lets out an inaudible sigh of relief, her dark orbs look down on your features.

"What am I doing?" She muttered under her breath, her wounded arm stings from carrying you, her body tired and energy drained to her core yet here she is, carrying her page.

'Because she saved you'

Irene scoffs and slides her back down against the wall her arms cradling your upper body as she sits on the ground. "I can do that myself."

'She knows, yet she still saved you,'

"Damned conscience..." She cursed and hissed in pain as her wound continues to bleed, she listened and realized that the screaming, the snarling of creatures stopped, the only noise that remained was the crackling of the fire and the silence of their institute. She hears the crunching of glass and spins her head towards the source of noise, her eyes changing from black to bright orange, and bares her teeth. 'What the hell could it be?'

It gets closer, her energy spiking into a flare as she gently sets your unmoving figure down against the ground and stands up, her body shielding yours as balls of fire form on her open hands.

"Irene. It's me."

"Jisoo," She extinguishes the flame on her hands as the figure appears on the side of the destroyed building. Jisoo limps to the front, her temple bleeding, and dripping down on the side of her face, on her left cheek was a small cut, and the corner of her lip was smudged with dried blood; her blazer torn and tattered.

The younger Thorne peered over Irene's shoulder, her perfectly sculpted brows raised with a question. "Who's that behind you?"

"Y/N"

"Why is she with you?"

"Why are you asking?" Irene snaps back and turns her back on her sibling as she kneels beside you and gently lifts you in bridal style. Jisoo limps beside Irene, "You're injured too, Irene."