Act 8

______________________

Ten minutes before Jisoo met Y/N at the library...

______________________

Julienne, that's the name of the girl who grazed her page...

Irene eyed the dossier with scrutiny and folded it along with the other folders that contained the information of misfits who caused a scene. The president let out a sigh as thunder boomed and the lights around her darkened, Irene hums as her room is shrouded in darkness, only the soft light of the night peeked courtesy of the wide curtain walling behind her. Irene's orbs flashed to rust, igniting the extinguished candles and the chandelier that hanged in the middle of her office.

Jisoo sits before her, matching dark orbs staring into the vials presented before her, the younger Thorne raised a brow. "What do you plan to do with these, sister?"

Irene hums absentmindedly and turns her attention to her secretary. "Test them"

"On who?"

The president gestured a hand to the dossiers, "This is the second time an officer was assaulted and disrespected, I shall not have it in my academy." Jisoo's dark eyes swirl with thought, a small smile touched her lips, "You can't possibly mean to kill them with totian, right Irene?"

Her question was replied by a sick smile, "Am I?"

"It's not worth killing them," Jisoo sighs and raised her leg and placed it on the other thigh, "How will you explain to the staff about this?" Irene shook her head sideways, pale hands played with her pen, "Death as a punishment is too extreme for a student."

"Then what?" Jisoo fixed her blazer, "If you have two totian vials, one is obviously for your potions' class, but what about the other one, sister?"

Irene stands up from her seat and traversed to the tall, wide window showing the field where the students relaxed, "Correction, sister, the other one isn't totian."

"Then how come the scent is the same?"

"A minor error, but don't worry, the other potion won't kill anyone."

Jisoo says nothing and stands from her settee, "It's getting late, I'd better head back to my dorm."

"And if you can't sleep?" Irene reminds, "How will you deal with that?"

Jisoo stalks towards the door and twists the knob, her head peered over her shoulder. "Then I'll have a relaxing walk in the library, it's the place that never closes anyway." And exits the office without the leave of the president.

Irene lets out a soft sigh and rubs her temple, dark orbs focused on the amount of paper placed on her desk, she returns to her seat and grabs a quill stationed just next to the bottles of ink beside her, deft hands signing and responding with precision and purpose yet her mind wanders to the dossiers, her brain orchestrating what she needs to be done.