Act 29

A young lass no older than fifteen sat on the porch, it was snowing once again, she was wearing light clothing, but she doesn't feel the cold she relishes it

She likes the way the snowflakes fall on her ivory skin, her golden eyes look up to meet the pale skies, it was quiet, and her parents at still asleep at this hour, that is until she heard footfalls coming from behind her. "Ani?" A feminine voice that belongs to her mother, "What are you doing here?" Ania looks back at her mother with a small smile. "And I thought you should be sleeping, mother."

The older woman chuckles, her golden eyes glowing bright, the same eyes the girl inherited from her mother.

The older woman with pale blonde hair and ichor-colored eyes sit next to her with an overcoat draped on her shoulders. "I can't believe you can handle the cold," Her mother remarks as they continue to watch the snowfall.

Ania chuckles, "I've been trained to handle it mother," The girl looks down as she opens her palms, but nothing came out. "But not with its abilities."

Her mother gives her a soft smile and draped her arm around her shoulder and pulled her close, "You will soon, just be patient." The girl frowned, "But father isn't, it's been fifteen years but I showed no progress, I'm scared that I've disappointed him."

Her mother tucks a small strand of her hair, "Don't say that..."

"When will you leave him?" She asks in a whisper, her mother freezes, "What do you mean?"

Ania sighs, "I know he doesn't love you, I'm no longer a child mother, I can see through the two of you, if he isn't beating me with his sword, he locks himself in his study, of course, he provides us with money and meals, but when was the last time he took us both for a vacation?"

Her mother sighs heavily, and Ania holds her hand, "You love him, I know, but I can't stand you being neglected by father."

Her mother smiles, though it doesn't reach her eyes, "You must learn how to love Ania, even if it's one-sided."

The girl looked aghast by her mother's words, "That's ridiculous-"

Her mother cuts her off by gently cupping her cheeks, "When you grow up, try to be close to your father, hmm?"

"But-"

"Can you do that for me, Ania?" The girl furrowed her brows, "I'll try, mother..."

The woman smiled and hugged her daughter, Ania returns her embrace and melts in her mother's arms.

"We're family, Ania, and we're royalty, you are royalty."

Ania reacts with a wan smile. "I know that, mother."

Lies...they're all lies...because she knows that...

There's no family in royalty.

And she learned that lesson the hard way...