He was broken!

Anushka Tandon

I was chopping vegetables distractedly when suddenly Lisa pulled the knife out of my hand.
"Di, what are you doing? You'll cut yourself." Lisa said

"Sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I said sighing.

She turned me by holding my shoulder towards her
"Di, there is definitely something wrong with you. You've been ignoring jiju. You don't even talk to me. Since 2 days it is like this. Is everything fine?" She asked and I just nodded pulling her into a hug.

How do I tell you?
My life can never be fine!

Flashback

I just returned from Dev's office after the encounter with his mom.

That mad woman!

I am sure she must have started her emotional drama by now.

Why can't everything be normal in my life?

Now she will definitely try to do something. And, I am so sure she will not be quiet.

Just when I freshened up and was going to prepare for dinner the door bell rang.

I opened the door and it was none other than Amruta Khurrana.

"What do you want?" I asked glaring at her.

"Won't you invite your mother-in-law in your house?" She asked and got in pushing me aside.

"Your husband wants me to accept you as my daughter-in-law. What can you do to convince me?" She asked with a evil laugh.

"I am sorry to burst your bubble but I won't do anything to convince you." I said with a sweet smile.

"He wants us to meet and talk about our issues." She said chuckling.

"And you are here to solve our issues?" I asked raising my brows.

She just rolled her eyes.
"Thought so." I said shrugging.

"I am here to remind you what happened with you 2 years ago when you did not listen to me." She said and made herself comfortable on the couch.

"Get out of my house this instant." I yelled at her furiously.

"What is the rush, sweetheart? You live with a 16 year old girl named Lisa right? How about she gets back to the world you pulled her out from?" She asked smirking and all the colour from my face drained.

"Why are you bringing her into this? You have issues with me. Don't drag her in my mess." I glared at her saying this.

"Where is the fun then?" She said laughing.

"We are repeating the history again. Stay away from my son otherwise this time it will be Lisa and you know I don't give empty threats." She said while glaring at me and left.

I just threw the vase which was on the table frustrated.

Every fucking time!

Flashback Ends

"Di... you're lost again." Lisa said and I looked at her.

I won't let any harm come to you.

I was going to again start with preparing dinner when lisa's phone rang and she showed me it was Dev calling her.

I have switched off my phone and have not left house since 2 days. She threatened me 2 days ago and since that day I have avoided Dev like plague.