01 : 𝖣𝗈 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝖨𝗍?

[📦]

[Y/N's POV]

It was our first day in our new home.

I was the first one to wake up and rise from the bed, leaving a snoring Beomgyu whose face was buried deep into his pillow. Considering that it was still 7 AM, I strided down to the kitchen to make the two of us some breakfast.

I have already organized the food and beverage in the fridge last night so gathering ingredients wasn't much of a challenge for me. The boxes for pans and plates were also plastered by the counter, making it easier to fetch what was needed.

Sunlight seeped through the window. I opened one by the stove. Summer breeze wafted in, making the thin lace curtains sway. It reminded me of my grandmother's house. The coziness and the homey sensation it gave me. The nostalgia. I cracked four eggs into a bowl, beating them until it turned yellow.

Sizzle. Sizzle.

The mouthwatering aroma of scrambled eggs slowly lingered in the air. I busied myself placing bread into the toaster and starting the coffee maker. Soon enough, Beomgyu will go down for food before he prepares for work.

Work.

"That man," I sighed, slicing sheets of cheese. "Always busy. What a workaholic. I wish he could take longer breaks sometimes."

Beomgyu has always been that way. We met at a conference from two opposite companies. I was a concept designer while he was a production manager. At first, he was able to spend a fair length of time with me— having to pull up efforts to set romantic dates, week-long vacations, and day offs. However, the moment we got engaged, the lesser he stayed home. His once nine-to-five routine in the office extended for at least three hours or four. Beomgyu reasoned that it was so that we would be able to have a financially stable life ahead. Especially if we happen to wish to raise a kid of our own one day.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

"Mmm!" Beomgyu's voice rang from behind. "Eggies!"

I gladly turned. "Good morning. Had a nice slumber?"

"It would've been better if I woke up to your side." He pouted, embracing me around the waist.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, kind sir." I joked. "But if I don't get up soon, then no one's going to make our food."

"I could've volunteered, you know."

"Oh, shut up. Even if I ask you to cook, you'd be so quick to look for your beloved laptop as an excuse to dodge it."

"Which reminds me," he chuckled. "Where is it?"

"On the table."

Beomgyu distanced himself from me and made himself comfortable on a chair, pushing his device open. He's back in his usual office posture; slouched spine and eyes glued to the monitor as his fingers typed in haste. I sighed.

"We're only a couple months away before our wedding." I reminded him. "We're yet to fix another meeting with our event planner."