15 : 𝖦𝗒𝗎

[📖]

"I miss you."

"Don't worry, Y/N." Beomgyu's voice rang from the other line. "I'll be home sooner. I promise."

"Really?"

"Mhm. Won't tell when."

"Why not, Beomgyu?"

"I want to surprise you, darling."

Y/N toyed with the telephone wire, lightly smiling to herself. She glanced out of the curtained windows, seeing a mail truck drive pass and a golden retriever chasing it from the neighbor's lawn. Beomgyu heaved a deep sigh. Papers rustling and his keyboard clicking erupted.

"Still working, hmm?" Y/N tilted her head. "It's past lunchtime. Don't tell me you haven't eaten yet."

"Jokes on you, 'cause I have."

She raised a brow. "What makes you think I'll believe you?"

"Didn't I swear to take care of myself last night?" Beomgyu chuckled. "Speaking of, I'm so sorry if I wasn't able to call back. The meeting ended late and I straight up collapsed on the bed."

"It's alright." Y/N guaranteed. "You deserve a lot of sleep after all."

"How are things in there?"

She gulped. There was a long pause on both sides. Her mind quickly reminded her of the spine-tingling encounter with Gyu the night before. Y/N nervously sipped on her glass of juice, placing it on the glass table afterwards with a light tink. Should she tell him? Beomgyu's a skeptic. He wouldn't believe her straight away.

"Y/N?" He chirped. "Still there?"

"Yes, uh.. Things are going well." She lied. "I've been going out a lot so I don't feel lonely. Today, I went to meet a friend."

"A friend you say?"

"Don't worry, she's a girl." Y/N giggled. "No need to be jealous."

"Oh, thank goodness." Beomgyu faked a scoff. "How was it?"

"Fun! We talked about weird and creepy stuff. Caught up with each other's businesses. You know, the usual things that old pals do."