02 : 𝖧𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈 𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾

[👥]

[Y/N's POV]

Click.

Creek.

Beomgyu entered the front door at sundown. It was quarter to 6 in the evening when he arrived, dishevelled and weary. I was in the living room at that time and it was easy for me to see him from the couch. I placed down the book I was reading and jogged up to greet him.

"Hey," I kissed his cheek. "How's office?"

He losened his necktie. "A junior's been fired. Our boss wasn't pleased with the rendition of his presentation."

"Poor thing." I took his suitcase. "What about the slides you've been working on?"

"Oh, they're fine. Although I've been given additional tasks to accomplish. It appears that the superiors trust me that much."

I tightly pursed my lips. More work, huh. Staring at his facade, his eyes were a little sunken. His lips were turned down. His once lively irises looked dull. He sort of lost weight too from all the unfinished meals he abandoned. Beomgyu caught me staring so he flashed a reassuring smile. I saddened.

"Baby," he cooed, pulling me by the waist. "I know you're upset. There's no need to be so silent about it."

"Why can't you just take a break like I did?" I murmured. "I'm sure they'll understand."

"With all the responsibilities passed to me, I don't think they would."

"It's just.." Sighing, I looked away. "..you've been well-immersed with your career and I'm concerned."

Beomgyu smoothed my hair and kissed my forehead. He wrapped me in a comforting hug, his chin resting on the top of my head as his one palm rubbed against my back. I gave up with my antics and embraced him too, face buried into the soft fabric of his shirt. He smelled like our car freshener and black licorice combined.

"I bought chicken wings." He whispered. "I figured you must've spent your day arranging things, so you must be pretty exhausted. I hope you didn't bother cooking for dinner."

"I was about to say that." I confessed. "Yes, I did unboxed the majority of the boxes that's why I wasn't able to prepare something for tonight."

"It's okay, darling." He beamed at me. "Thank you for your hardwork."