04 : 𝖨𝗍 𝖶𝖺𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝖠 𝖣𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆

[🥨]

"..and then I got into the bathtub and saw a spider about the size of my palm, I swear! So, I turned on the shower and watched it drown like damn, that was the most satisfying shit I've ever seen."

Beomgyu made grand hand gestures to dramatically reenact his uncanny experience with a bug in the bathroom earlier that day. Y/N spaced out, not even comprehending a thing or two as she aimlessly stirred her whisk outside her bowl of batter. She was trying to make pretzels.

"The way it slowly glided down the drain as if it was in a movie." Beomgyu cackled, applauding. "Oh, you should've seen it, babe. It was so.. Y/N? Hello?"

Y/N blinked and turned to him with a questioning look. Beomgyu tilted his head in concern, a pout plumping his lips up, and his nostrils set to flare.

"You've been really, really, really quiet for a week now, baby." He confronted. "What's the matter? Hmm?"

"What do you mean?"

"You barely speak to me." Beomgyu propped his arms on the kitchen table. "Plus, you look like you're always.. Err.. I don't know.. Distant?"

"Distant?"

"I know when something's bothering you, Y/N. You can't hide it from me. Fess up. Did your ex call you again?"

"No, no." Y/N furrowed her brows. "It wasn't that. I just.."

She set the bowl aside and grabbed a handful of eggs. Beomgyu watched as she weirdly struggled to break each one, having to drop the shell into the yolks or create a gooey, sticky mess on the surface. Sighing, the man stood and came to her aid. He held her arms into his so he could guide her, occasionally peppering her nape with feathery kisses and filling her ears with soft hums.

"Beomgyu.." Y/N blushed. "Go back there.. I can handle this.."

"Not until you tell me what's bugging you, darling."

"It's nonsense.."

"If it had you acting like this, then I don't think it is."

Y/N's shoulders dropped. There's no way she could dodge Beomgyu since he's been a pushy type of guy. Her fiance tightened his embrace from behind, encouraging her to speak. She didn't know if it would be worth the risk, but they aren't in a relationship for nothing, are they?

"Remember the noises I told you the day after we moved in?"