09 : 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾

[💻]

"How was your presentation this morning, Beomgyu?"

Beomgyu didn't reply. His fingers clicked against the keyboard in haste, eyes hawk-like, as he stared at the bright monitor. His brows met at the center, yielding concentration. Y/N lowly sighed. She leaned against the headboard of their bed and watched as letters and numbers appeared in the screen. Since Beomgyu got home, he hadn't said a single word— not even at dinner.

"Um.." She bit her lip. "Hello..?"

"What?" Beomgyu snapped, paying her a quick glance. "Can't you see that I'm busy, Y/N?"

"I just wanted to ask how your day went. Especially at work."

"Ah, so you thirst to know." Beomgyu scoffed, adjusting his specs. "Let me recall. I ran 40 minutes late in the meeting and the supervisor wasn't pleased by it. I passed out after lunch, thanks to your awfully bitter coffee, and I then got stuck in the traffic for an hour just to get new shoes. But other than that, it went well. I appreciate your concern, very."

Y/N looked down in guilt. Her lips quavered into a frown. She didn't like it when he's this passive aggressive. He barely talks like this either. Beomgyu saw this and rolled his eyes back to his laptop. He didn't have time for drama. Not now when he was due to finish another set of slides and it was almost midnight.

"Sorry." Y/N muttered. "It wasn't my fault though. None of us wanted them to happen."

"Yeah, of course."

"Don't be mad at me."

She cautiously slithered her arms around his torso and leaned in for a hug. Beomgyu let her do so; however, he did not reciprocate the act. He kept typing.

"I went out today." She prompted. "Bought new flowers for the living room. I guess you noticed."

"I didn't."

"Ah," she stiffly smiled. "That's fine. Once you see them, you'll admire their colors. They're pretty and pleasant to the eyes."

"Sure."

Y/N's heart clenched at his coldness. How can he still be mad about the incident? He was a petty guy, but she never imagined he'd be this unreasonable. She tightened her embrace and planted a soft, chaste kiss on his cheek. Beomgyu's nose scrunched.

"It's 11:54, love. You should drop that and get yourself some decent rest."