03 : 𝖢𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖬𝖾 "𝖦𝗒𝗎"

[🌙]

[Third Person's POV]

"Hello, Y/N."

"You.."

Y/N knew better than to stay. She quickly bolted to the trapdoor in an attempt to escape. Unfortunately, it closed by itself in an instance, as if some unseen force had slammed it down shut. She froze and turned back to the stranger.

"I didn't mean to startle you!" He said, putting up his hands in defense. "I just.. Wanted to say hi."

He took a couple steps closer to the girl. Y/N tried to keep her distance, eyes glaring to Beomgyu's doppelganger in utter confusion.

What is he doing up in a dirty attic?

Why does he look like her fiance?

How did he know about her name?

Such questions popped in her mind but she was too alarmed to even bother asking. She raised her weapon she had instinctively picked— which happened to be a broken lampshade, and gulped.

"Who are you?!"

"Who am I?" He repeated with a smile. "Wrong question, Y/N."

Y/N titled her head in bewilderment. He chuckled and leaned against a brittle, wooden pillar.

"You should be asking what I am, dear." He rubbed his thumbs together. "I'm not a person to begin with, considering that I look oddly familiar to you, do I not?"

"Fine then." Y/N gritted. "What are you?"

He opened his arms in a presentable, welcoming manner. His eyes turned into upside down crescents as his pink lips stretched into a wider beam.

"I'm your house guardian!" He chirped. "Destined to ward off all the evil entities in this home. I've been here for decades."

"House guardian?" Y/N scoffed and slapped herself out of the blue. "No. Wake up, Y/N. You're not dreaming about this bullshit. Wake up."

"Oh, but you're wide awake." He hummed. "Please, don't hurt yourself. It's unsettling."

"Don't hurt yourself my ass! me out of here!" She demanded. "Now!"

"Don't you.. Want to get to know me better..?"

"Know you be-.. What are you talking about?!"

"I keep your place safe after all. My previous companions used to befriend me the first day I showed up to them. I thought I'd have the same connection with you."

"Listen," Y/N annoyingly rubbed her face. "I'm not and will never acknowledge a house guardian— whatever you call yourself, in my territory!"

He sadly blinked and pouted. "Why not..?"

"Number one, you look like my fiance which is fucking nuts. Number two, you locked me up in here and expect me not to panic. Number three, there's still a chance that you're a homeless dude and God knows how you share the same features with Beomgyu. So open the fucking door before I call the cops on you!"