05 : 𝖫𝗈𝗐𝗄𝖾𝗒 𝖱𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂𝖼

[🛒]

"Be safe on the way home for me, okay?"

"Mhm." Y/N undid her seatbelt. "Thanks for dropping me off, Beomgyu."

"Wait."

"Yes?"

She turned to her man. Beomgyu leaned in to plant a kiss on her forehead. She blushed. How dare this guy look charming in his partly unbuttoned white office shirt, loose black tie, slightly dishevelled hair, and one veiny arm propped against the steering wheel? Y/N gulped. Beomgyu noticed her reddening face, so he grinned.

"You know I'm in a hurry, baby." He winked. "Care to take a pictures instead of staring?"

"Ah.." She blinked back to reality. "It wasn't my fault you're too.. Handsome.. You know what, I think I should go!"

He chuckled. "Take care. I love you!"

"Whatever!"

She hopped out of the car and watched him drive away. Y/N worriedly clutched on her purse. Beomgyu only had a couple hours of sleep last night due to a bunch of paperwork he had to finish. Now that he was running late, she wondered if he would still have time to pamper himself— judging from how hot of a mess he looked. Shrugging, she turned to the establishment behind her. She had asked Beomgyu to drive her to the grocery store. Since she forgot to hand him a list while he was out the other day, she figured it would be better if she fetched the necessities by herself. After all, Beomgyu's a busy man.

"Let's see." She unfolded a tiny piece of paper.

Mushrooms. Beef. Chicken thighs. Bacon. Canned beans. Potatoes. Carrots. Onions. Flour. Eggs.

And the list goes on.

Y/N pulled out an unfortunately dysfunctional— and by dysfunctional, it meant that one of its wheels refused to move— cart. She went from aisle to aisle, head turning left and right as grabbed what she needed. To be fair, she had always considered grocery shopping somewhat therapeutic. It may require strength to push the trolley and patience to stand in line for the cashier, but to take things off shelves and choose between a variety of products became an entertainment for her.

"Oh, right. Beomgyu asked me to buy protein bars." She hummed, going to the chocolate's section. "What for? Is he working out?"

Y/N stopped by a rack. There were a lot of sweets arrayed before her eyes. From colorful Skittles, to crunchy Snickers, to dark KitKats, to minty candies, and all the likes. Her mouth watered. No, she wasn't the type to have a sweet tooth, but she would still love to take a bite from a bar or two.

"Excuse me." A voice chirped. "You're in my way."

"Huh? Sorry." Y/N stepped aside. "Didn't mean to—.. Maria?"

"What?"

A girl with long, wavy hair glanced at her. Y/N immediately recognized her round face, cocoa eyes, and pale lips. It was Maria, her dearest friend way back in high school.