𝖤𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 : 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋

[💍]

"Dearly beloved guests. We are gathered together here to join Choi Beomgyu and L/N Y/N in the union of marriage."

The priest held the audience in silece. All eyes were on the couple standing by the altar, shooting shy glances at each other as they quietly giggled in fluster. St. Louis' Parish grounds basked underneath the pale blue sky. Birds sang and flew overhead, rejoicing the wonderful occasion. Both the bride and the groom shone in elegance with their white apparels amidst the sea of pastel-dressed spectators. Beomgyu was handsome in his cream suit and purple tie. Y/N was breathtaking in the same wedding dress she fancied from a bridal shop she passed before.

"This bond is not to be entered into lightly, but rather thoughtfully and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities." The priest reminded.

Beomgyu and Y/N nodded. It seemed that they were happy. As if they didn't recall any unearthly encounter with a demon about a month ago. Guess it's not the right moment to dwell in such past, no? Especially when you're dipped in your own wedding.

"And now," the priest spoke. "Choi Beomgyu, do you take L/N Y/N to be your wife?"

"Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

Beomgyu blushed and laid his eyes on his bride. "I do."

His mother squealed in delight from the crowd, only to be silenced by his proud father. Y/N fondly shook her head, pursing her lips to hide an escaping smile.

"L/N Y/N, do you take Choi Beomgyu to be your husband?"

"Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

Y/N sharply inhaled. "I do."

Her family's side quietly nodded in agreement. Her father teared up, seeing his once little girl now off to be taken in someone else's arms. Her mother patted his back, sighing.

Their peers teasingly snickered at the back, phones held high up to record such precious occassion. Others mentally cheered, ecstatic to see them become one.

"Beomgyu, please place the ring on Y/N’s left hand and repeat after me."

A young ring bearer waddled to their center to present the jewelries. Beomgyu thanked and squeezed the boy's cheeks before excitedly sliding the ring on his girl's finger.

"As a sign of my love that I have chosen you,"

"As a sign of my love that I have chosen you," Beomgyu held her palms.

"Above all else."

"Above all else."

"With this ring, I to you wed."

He sweetly beamed. "With this ring, I to you wed."

"And Y/N, please place the ring on Beomgyu’s left hand and repeat after me."

Y/N complied and nervously wore the silver piece on her man's finger. Beomgyu covered his mouth to muffle a hearty chuckle, causing the guests and even the priest to laugh.

"As a sign of my love that I have chosen you,"

"Above all else."

"Above all else."

"With this ring, I to you wed."

A loving gaze elicited from Beomgyu's chocolate orbs. He gently squeezed her hands, sending jolts of warmth throughout her being.

"With this ring, I to you wed."

How could she be this lucky? Standing before the man of her dreams, marrying him, and taking small steps into a bright future together.

"And now by the power vested in me, it is my honor and delight to declare you married. Go forth and live each day to the fullest. You may now kiss the bride."

It happened within a blink of an eye. Before Y/N lean in, Beomgyu took her in his firm grip and molded his lips onto hers. Everyone broke into a lively applause, throwing confetti and petals everywhere. Beomgyu held her cheeks, his teeth nibbling on her lower lip, making her gasp. Y/N wrapped her arms around his neck happily and savored the cloud nine.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh? Hey, over here!" A little girl waved to her friends. "I think it's a jar!"

Children flocked towards a mountain trail as a suspicious-looking pot rested behind a thick wall of shrubs. Maria did a good job in disposing Gyu deep in the woods, away from people. However, a group of kids decided to wander that very day and stumbled upon the item.

"It's dirty. We should clean in up." A boy suggested. "We can store rice in there, don't you think?"

The girl reached out to pull the jar into her lap. She curiously undid the white fabric around it and opened the lid.

"Eww!" She turned it upside-down. "Junk!"

Ashes and burnt chunks of whatnot sprinkled to the ground. A thin wisp of black smoke emerged from the brim although it immediately disappeared.

"Come on, let's bring it home."

[End]