7.

mike sat down on the bathroom floor, his head buried into his knees and he tugs onto his curls.

his parents won't leave him alone. everyday, a new nasty comment comes in as if they were his high school bullies.

"you are a disgrace! i did not raise you to be a rusty musician! you have no future, you suck at it!" ted screams through the phone.

mike stays silent.

"you hear me!? i much rather you go fucking kill yourself!" he screams as mike nods, "okay, i'm sorry." he hangs up the phone

mike continues sob into his knees, the razor laying on the floor next to him was basically begging for it to be lift up and land on some skin.

and mike heard. he picked it up and cuts somehow appeared on his arm.

but then it stopped when he held it above his wrist, debating if he should cut right down.

no, he shouldn't. but he wanted to.

but at the same time, he wanted his death to be a suffer.

chocking himself and then putting a bullet in his head type.

his thoughts start to run wild and he feels himself start to drown in them.

but as it gets worse and worse, a phone call snaps him out of his daydream.

he picks up his phone and sees it's el calling so he answers, "hello?" he whispers.

"hey, you free?" she asks as he stares at his arm, "yes."

"okay, can we meet out at those picnic tables out by the field? i want to discuss our project." she says.

"okay, i'll change and meet you down there." he says, "alright see you." she hums and hangs up.

he sighs quietly and gets off the floor, shoving his razor away back where it belongs and then heads to his room.

he pulls out a black sweatshirt and some black cargo pants and changed into that quickly before grabbing a random sling crossbody backpack to put his sheets in.

he heads out, grabs his keys and then makes his way down to the picnic benches on campus.

once he arrives, he sees el sitting by one of them in a black slightly cropped turtle neck and surprisingly black jeans.

"hi." she smiles as he sits down next to her instead of across her, "hi."

"you look... what happened?" she asks as he takes out his sheets, "nothing."

"yeah?" she asks as he nods, "well what 'bout you? you're sitting in a turtle neck and jeans."

she stays silent for a second.

"i went home to grab something." she whispers, "i didn't tell arrow."

his eyes widen. he knows what that means, "what did they do?"

she looks around and then looks down as she pulls up her shirt. a large purple bruise with some still bleeding cuts.

"shit, you need to stop that blood." he whisper shouts.

"i did, it's just bleeding again. i'll go back to my dorm and fix it later." she mumbles and pulls her shirt down.

"you need to put those cream things on the bruise to help—"

"i have a bunch on me right now. it wouldn't matter."

he waits for her to explain.

"they whipped me." her voice cracks quietly as her voice shakes, "they... they tied me up..." she takes a deep breath to calm herself down, "but it's not the first time so i'm okay."