20.

"shit!" el shoots up from the bed, "oh thank goodness, it's just 12." she breathes out as a sleepy mike turns over and hugs her waist.

"why are you yelling?" he grumbles as she lays back down, "we fell asleep and i thought we overslept. i'll set an alarm to go off in the next hour." she says and taps on her phone, "a cab will pick us up at 2."

he mutters something, "aghisleep."

she laughs at his mumbling and leans down to his face. stroking his hair from out of his face, she smiles widely, "what'd you say?" she giggles through her words as he opens his eyes and grins at her, "i'm sleepy."

she caresses his cheek, "i know. want to say goodbye?"

"to who?" he asks.

she shrugs, "i don't know. your roommate or your dorm.. you don't have to. i just don't you want to feel like you left it out or something."

"anyways, i'm going to get a cup of water and double check on our stuff." she leans down to peck his forehead, "go back to sleep, love."

he grins at her and hides his face into his pillow just as soft snores start to escape him. laughing quietly at his actions, el gets up from the bed and exits her room to get a cup of water from the kitchen.

sighing quietly, she grabs a mug then fills it up with warm water before heading over to her balcony just to relax for a little while before they leave.

biting down on her bottom lip, she looks down the railings noticing how high everything was, then she climbs carefully onto the black metal and sits on the top.

she smiles to herself, taking a sip of her water as her other hands sets on the railing besides her.

she noticed how bright the moon looked. it was shining really bright today and the moon shines brightly on her smooth skin.

"get down from there."

she didn't even need to turn her head to answer, "why?"

mike goes to stand next to her, "because it's high as fuck and i don't need you dying."

"oh come on, live a little." she encourages, "it's fun."

he shakes his head at her but still, climbs on and carefully sits next to her on the railing.

"god, it's high." he grumbles and rubs his eyes. probably because he just woke up from a small nap.

"so then we'll definitely die if we fall." she answers him then sighs quietly, "maybe we should just jump."

"el.." he murmurs and holds her free hand by placing his over hers.

"i mean.... if this whole runaway thing doesn't work out. i don't see another option, honestly. i'm just so tired of being treated like shit." she says, still not meeting his gaze but continues to stare up at the sky.

"it's going to work. they won't find us, at least not yet." he smiles softly, "it'll work, baby, and we can get away from everything."

she stays silent.

leaning closer to her, he pecks her jaw, "it'll work, okay? they won't hurt us ever again."

she nods against his touch, "okay."

he nods, "now let's get off before we fall and die." he lets out a small laugh and carefully gets off the railings as she holds her hand out to him, "at least we'll die together though." she whispers as he helps her down.

he pulls her closer by the waist and murmurs, "till death do us part right?"

she nods, looping her arms around his neck to pull him in for a kiss, "till death do us part."