13.

people, meaning arrow, don't understand shit.

el sat across him at lunch, trying to fucking understand why he thinks it's a big deal to go home for stupid christmas dinner.

there's absolutely no need when they only want you home to beat you down, literally.

"i'm not going home, that's final." she flashes him a smile and sets her feet down from the table where she was resting them.

spotting mike about to exit the cafeteria, she stands up and grabs her bag.

"where are you going?" he asks as she gives him the middle finger, "far away from someone who wants me to go home to two abusers." she fakes a smirk and heads over to mike.

she taps his shoulder just as they exit the cafeteria and he looks down and smiles, "hey,"

she smiles, "hi. where you heading?" she asks as he wraps his arm around her shoulder and sips on his smoothie, "back to my dorm. nothing to do here anyways."

she grabs his smoothie and takes a sip, "let's head to mine. i finished classes and we could maybe.... have some fun."

he raises his eyebrows and smirks, "sounds fun."

she hands him back his smoothie and grabs his hand to drag him after her, "c'mon mike, let's go,"

he chuckles quietly and finishes his smoothie with a nod.

"hey," she turns back to face him, "what are you doing for christmas?"

"hiding in my dorm." he answers as she grins, "perfect. stay over at mines because i'm not going home."

"why would you?" he asks.

"because my brother wants me to but why would i? they're two abusers and i know i'd be walking home half dead." she says, "so come over to mine and we can spend christmas eve, christmas and boxing day— whatever that means —together and then new year's day as well."

he smiles widely, "that's sounds great," he gives her a kiss, "want a present or something?" he teases as she rolls her eyes, "no. don't you dare get me anything and i mean it, mike. i fucking mean it."

"same goes for you." he murmurs, "i hate christmas presents."

"why?" she asks as they exit the school, though she kind of knew the answer already.

"el, you know why." he mutters.

"well, i don't want to assume!" she exclaims, "i mean, what are the chances that you also get your ass whipped on christmas day and lay there in your room till new year's day."

"that's exactly what happens." he whispers, "and my sister is downstairs opening presents when me and my older sister are fixing each other wounds so yeah, i hate christmas, i hate new years."

she cups his cheeks and gives him a soft kiss, "they won't get us this year. my dorm is safe, promise."

he smiles, "i trust you."

"yeah, because i got my door changed and added locks to the door to keep them out." she whispers against his lips as he nods, "sounds nice."

"hey!" someone shouts at their direction as el turns her head and breathes out, "shit."

"what?" mike asks.

"my mom. fuck, we have to go," she tugs on his hand as they start to run, "she's here for one reason and one reason only." she explains, "and it's because i skipped two dinners and because i need a beating."

"shit." he breathes out, "she's psycho!?"

"oh, she's more than psycho!" she screams and she runs to her dorm building, "i own a gun because of her!" she slams the door shut and heads to the lift, "c'mon, you bloody fucking thing!" she screams and slams the buttons as the elevator arrives.