19.

"we need to fucking talk." arrow whispers to el as she shuts her locker and ignores him.

"c'mon!" he grabs her arm tightly as she flinches and moves back from him, "d-don't— don't fucking touch me." she points a finger at him, "don't you dare."

"look, i wasn't thinking last time." he says, "and i'm sorry. i acted like an ass."

"no, you made me feel unsafe." she shakes her head continuously as she speaks, "i feel unsafe!" she whisper shouts, "i don't feel safe, arrow. especially not with you."

"el, come on, that's not fair." he pleads.

"nothing is fair." her voice cracks, "just don't talk to me, i'll be out of your hair soon just like you like right?"

"shit, i didn't fu—"

"you are my brother. i trusted you for my whole life, i t-thought you'd never ever hurt me or lay a hand on me like t-they do but look at you." she chokes out a fake laugh, "i should've known. you're his son after all, i shouldn't have expected you were any fucking diff—"

before she could spit her last word out like venom, a slap on her face had cut her off.

she gasps loudly, holding her left cheek that he slapped with his right hand.

slowly, she looks up at him and tears spill from her eyes like they never had before.

he lets out a loud sigh as she shuts her eyes, "i can't believe you." she shakes her head and clutches onto the strap of her bag tightly.

"el—"

"no, don't touch me! i'm done, i'm so done. i'm leaving." she screams and shoves him away before running out of the school though she had one more class.

mike was visiting nancy one last time so she couldn't go find him.

that's when she realised she had no one.

absolutely fucking no one.

crying to herself quietly, she makes her way back to her dorm herself, all alone, and when she did, she wasn't quite sure how she made her way to her bathroom.

or how she hugged herself against the bathtub and cabinet. how her knees rested against her chest and how her tears were all over her skin.

she didn't remember how she slowly rolled up her sleeve of how how she grabbed the razor off the countertop.

but she only remembered when her hand was covered in red and some pills were gulped down.

she was certain at a certain point her eyes closed and she felt like she was dying but when she heard a knock on her dorm door, she knew she just fell asleep for a little while.

she stood up, packing her stuff away and rolls her sleeve down before she went to go and answer the door.

opening the door, she sees mike standing there with slightly red eyes, probably from crying.

but before she could saying, he says something about her teary eyes and reddened face, "what happened?" he asks.

she opens the door wider for him to walk in and once he does, she shuts the door and explains.

"he slapped me." she whispers and he turns around, "who?" he asks slowly.

"my brother." she barely whispers as he walks towards her and pulls her into his chest without another word.

he kisses her hair repeatedly, rubbing her back in a soothing way as she lets out all of her emotions into his chest.

"i can't believe he laid a hand on me." she sobs into his chest as he pecks her temple, "i'm sorry, i'm fucking sorry."