17.

arrow glares at el across the hall as she leans back in her locker with her arms crossed, glaring back.

"and why are we having a stare down?" mike whispers to her as she shrugs, "you done packing your shit? let's go out."

"no, we have rehearsals." he says as she nods, "right, yeah. sorry, i forgot, it slipped my mind."

"you alright?" he asks as she ignores him due to arrow walking right up her, "my dorm later." he says as he passes.

"no." she answers simply as he stops walking and turns to her, "no?"

"yes, you heard me. no." she states as he turns to her fully, "i want us to talk." he grumbles quietly.

"there is nothing to talk about. i'm not going to talk to someone who thinks i could just go home to a family of abusers." she says, "and i won't talk to someone who says they're just trying to protect and care for you."

"the fuck are you implying?" he walks closer to her as she steps back a bit through she couldn't move anymore.

but why was she scared? she takes a step forward, "i'm fucking implying that you don't fucking understand shit and you are no better than them." she whispers lowly as he scowls and grabs her collar.

he turns them around and shoves her against the opposite stacks of lockers making her gasp loudly.

"hey, get the fuck off of her!" mike shouts and goes to pull him away but arrow kicks him to the ground hard.

and he has a hell of a fucking kick.

"get off of me!" el screams and tries to shove him away.

"you listen the fuck to me, el. all i ever did was protect you. my whole life was to protect your ass from my dad and your stupid fucking mom! i worked two jobs to support your ass and i worked hard at hockey just to get a scholarship so i can also support your college fucking fees!" he screams as she shuts her eyes and cries quietly.

"do you know what the fuck i had to do to support your little ass!?" he grips her face tightly as she feels her jaw start to grow in pain.

"i can't believe we have to fucking support you as well!" brenner screams at a twelve year old el's face as he pins her against the wall, "if you didn't have some type of value, i would have already killed you!"

"i'm sorry," she sniffles, "i'll try not to be a big spender."

"good and you'll stop buying food and anything else." he grips her face tightly and spits on her cheek making her whimper and nod in fear.

"let go. please let go." she whispers as he removes her grip on her.

he moves back from her and exhales, "el shit, i'm so sor—" he reaches out to her but she slaps his hand away, "don't fucking touch me." her voice cracks and kneels down to help mike off the ground.

he stumbles on his leg due to arrow's harsh kick at his shin and el helps him walk.

"el!" arrow shouts after her as she turns around, "i'll be gone for good soon. you won't need to fucking support me any longer." she sniffles and turns back around.

"are you okay?" she whispers to mike as they exit the school.

"fine." he strokes her cheek, "are you alright? what the fuck is wrong with him?" he asks as she moves back from his touch, "please don't touch me." she whispers, "p-please."

he frowns at her reaction as she turns her face away from him and just continues to help him back to her dorm.

"el?" he calls out as she bites down on her bottom lip to stop herself from crying, "he touched me." her voice was above a whisper, "arrow hurt me."