chapter 5

P.O.V Abi

I am usually an early waker. I woke up at 4 am to find a sleeping Yami. I usually love early mornings. Even when I couldn't expect the sound of birds chirping and early morning sun rays in my highly compact and urban hostel, I still get to enjoy the early morning breeze.

After lazily brushing and refreshing for almost half an hour, I made my way towards the college's gym. Even when I am extremely lazy and would rather prefer to snuggle in my sofa with a cheesy love story in my hand, I couldn't afford to skip this workout.

A little extra fat might look good on some exceptional women like actresses Jyothika and Sonakshi sinha and even my friend Yami. I am not lucky enough I guess.

The gym was pretty empty, except for a few crazy people like me. I made my way to the treadmill and started working out. Soon after, someone occupied the treadmill beside mine.

As I was in a pretty good and cheerful mood that morning, I turned towards the person with a smile and said, "Hi, morning!". But when I saw that person, my smile vanished.

"You are here?", I asked the chocolate boy.

“Of course I am. You were expecting me, right?" He asked with smirk on his face and switched the sweat thirsty machine on.

"Haha....not even in your dreams! You don't live in the hostel, right? That's why I asked you why you are here so early."I replied.

"Stalking me, huh", he smirked again. How I wish to wipe that smirk dipped smile off his face!

"As if I have nothing better to do! I have a radio named as Vijeesh as a friend who has been speaking only about you lately." I said with high level of frustration.

"We haven't formally met yet, right? I am Abijeet and you are....?" He asked.

"Abi." I replied short. I didn't wish to make a conversation with him.

"Yes?", he asked questioningly. Oh my god! Did he think I would short his name as Abi and say, "Abi, I am Ms. X"? Great.

I decided to go all formal."Hi Abijeet. I am Abi". I extended my hand. He looked amused for a moment but took my hand grinning. When I held his hand I felt the floor slipping beneath me. Literally.

I couldn't keep control and that resulted in me falling off the treadmill and I ended up dragging down the poor fellow who was holding my hand.

Instead of falling for him, I fell with him and that was a hard fall.

A small unattractive snort escaped from his mouth. In a few seconds, he was shaking with uncontrollable laughter and I joined him. For the first time I didn't mind laughing even when the joke was on me.

He looked cuter when laughing than smirking. I realized my raising heartbeat."Get away from this place. Get away from him! You would end up falling for him!" The sane part of my brain screamed and for once I decided to heed to it.

As I was searching for a reason to leave the place, my phone ringed and thanked god for his saving.

"Hey! I am getting a call. See you later", I said cutting his laughter and got up.

"Are you sure?” he asked. "Yeah, why?" I replied with a question.

"Because it’s my phone ringing.", he replied with a smile and showed his ringing phone for evidence.

"Haha", I laughed nervously. "Attend the call. I have to get going anyway. Bye.", I said. Phew! I couldn't explain to you how hard it was to say that one sentence without stammering.

I half ran out of the gym without waiting for an reply.
WOULD GOD NEVER GET TIRED OF EMBARRASSING ME?????

Author’s note:
Hi my fellow wattpaders. What do you think about this part. You could always PM me or comment.
Criticisms of all kinds are welcomed. Who else would correct me if not you????
If you like the story, you know what to do. Vote, comment and follow!