Chapter 9

I sat there watching my friend Yami frantically roam around the room. I was sitting on my bed with a coffee in my hand. What else am I supposed to do in a lazy Sunday morning?

"Abi, choose between these, fast!” Yami commanded me. She was holding a pair of jeans with a beautiful black top and a knee length dress. Knowing that she doesn't like to be over dressed, I pointed my finger towards the pair of jeans.

I kind of expected her to throw away my opinion and choose the opposite. But surprisingly, she happily obliged and went towards the bathroom with the jeans and top to change.

I was sitting on my bed, amused by her nervousness. The girl who was not nervous to confess her love, was nervous over her date. I laughed to myself as I waited for her to come.

"Do I look good? Do I look at least okay?", she asked with a voice loaded with nervousness.

"Chill babes! You look gorgeous! Viji is going to fall head over heels for you!", I said in my attempt to calm her. She gave a grateful smile in response.

"Okay! Call from the hostel phone if needed. Take care. Bye", she said and hugged me. I hugged her back and replied, "Have fun, Bubye!".

Just after a few minutes she left, I started feeling bored. Curse my decision to not have a mobile phone.

"What shall I do now? Go and speak with my other hostel mates? They would probably be cuddling in bed." I answered my own thoughts.

I searched for some books. Unfortunately, all the books present there were so well read by me that I could recite the books by heart.

I thought about calling Abijeet for a coffee but immediately brushed the idea aside. Even when we grew closer in the past few days, the idea of meeting him alone didn’t appeal to me. As I was sitting on my bed considering all possibilities to spend the day, I heard someone knock on the door. I was greeted by my hostel warden.

“Abi, you have a call waiting for you.” she informed. I smiled and nodded in response before going to attend the call. I thought that the call would have been from my family.

“Hello Abi.Good Morning.” I was greeted by that familiar voice.”Abijeet.” I gave a one word reply. “Yeah, the one and only. Would you join me for a coffee now?” he asked stressing upon the word coffee.

“Okay. See you in 10 minutes”, I said before keeping down the receiver. Who would decline coffee?

It didn’t take me a hell lot of time to get ready. It wasn’t a date after all. When I reached the nearest coffee shop where we usually meet, I found him there already waiting for me. He was looking cool even in his faded grey shirt formal black pant. Seems that he too didn’t stress on dressing up.

“HI. Have you been waiting for long? Don’t expect me to apologise. I came at the right time. You were early.” I said as I took a seat opposite to his.

“I would wait till the all my life for you to come to me.” He said smirking. “Had I foreseen that you are going to bore me with your cheesy pick up lines, I wouldn’t have come.” I said with the smirk of my own.

“Too late. You have no other choice than spending the whole day with me.” He said unwilling to give up.

“I neither remember you asking for spending the day together nor me accepting your offer.” I said playing along even when the thought of spending the day with him excited me. He just smiled in response to my accusation. He is just an idiotic charmer who thinks that girls would agree to whatever he says! Well unfortunately, he succeeded.

“Hope you have plans for the day. I couldn’t come up with any.” I said.

“Trust me. You are going to enjoy this day.” He assured. “What if I didn’t enjoy?” I replied smirking. “Are you challenging me?” he asked in fake astonishment. “Have it so” was my reply.

 He gave out an evil laugh and said, “I am so going to win this”.

Author's note:

hi readers,

What do you think about the story? Do vote, comment and follow, of course, only if you like the story.

Till next chapter, Bye.