Reunion (P2)

We're speeding towards the Royal Navy when it finally occurs to me that my sister only wanted to come with me because she didn't know the others. Laughing to myself, I decide to take the opportunity to get to know her better and begin asking her questions about her own time in our old world. This seems to excite her as she delivers story after story with enthusiasm. Thanks to this, the trip goes rather quickly and before long, we are ripping through the skies over Royal Navy. 

The minute those on the ground spot my jet, they launch their own planes to try and protect their skies from intruders but they are no match for our speed. Laughing, I don't even bother contacting them to let them know it's me. To be fair, they do have a reason to be suspicious since they've never seen the new planes I received before. Still, those propeller-driven deathtraps aren't a threat so there is simply no need for me to radio. 

Jiangsu: [Is that the flak I've always heard about?]

Looking behind us, I spot what she's talking about and true enough, Flak fills the air but I have no idea how they plan on shooting down a jet travelling at over 2,000 km/h with it. Laughing, even more, I mock them by going in a loop before returning to my original course. Jiangsu seems to enjoy it too, giggling away as she watches their feeble attempts at shooting us down. Still, before she goes thinking they are the enemy, I point out that they are actually our allies here and simply don't recognise us. 

Some minutes later, we arrive in Liverpool to find them waiting on us but despite their best efforts, we still breach their defences with ease as I continue making my way to the dorms. 

Me: [Think you can fly?]

Jiangsu: [Really? Do you really mean it? I'll get to fly your plane?]

I have no idea why she's so excited but I do give my consent and quickly explain the plan to her as I slow down to make it work. Excitedly, she unbuckles herself and climbs over into my lap, taking the controls. After making sure she can indeed pilot the aircraft, I point out where we need to go and she descends to the perfect height as I open the canopy.

Me: [Have fun but don't go crashing. Don't go far either because we did burn most of the fuel to get here quickly.]

Jiangsu: [Kay!]

She gently lifts herself out of my lap to allow me to get up without her needing to let go of the controls. As we come over to the dorms, I kiss her on the forehead and remind her never to try this before jumping. The forward momentum from the plane sends me straight into the courtyard, creating a small crater as I land. The girls there are surprised to see me but I can't tell whether it's because of how I entered or because I had vanished. 

Before they can ask the questions I see building upon their faces, however, I say hi before bolting to the stairway. If I'm not mistaken, Hood said she was in room 305...which should be on the..., not this building. Turning, I notice that 305 is actually on the second floor of the opposite building. 

Laughing to myself, I sprint across the courtyard and up the stairs. When I get to the door, I test the knob and find it open. Pushing the door, I find the room dark, only lit by the light now coming in through the opened door. Enterprise is on the only bed in the room, completely covered and unmoving. The room itself is a mess. There's trash everywhere. I wasn't even aware people could survive in such conditions. 

As I walk in, I close the door behind me, making sure to lock it so others can't enter. Flipping the light on, I make my way over to her and find that she doesn't even respond to my entrance. It's sad to see her like this and it causes tears to form as I come to a stop beside her. 

Enterprise: Go away! Just leave me to-

Me: To do what, exactly?

There's silence in the room as I all but hear the gears turning in her head. Still, it's not long before she turns and confirms it's me with her eyes. Flying out of the bed, she surprises me by jumping into my arms, wrapping legs and arms around me as she does. Even more shocking, she kisses me on the lips though it doesn't surprise me enough for me to part them and allow her to continue.