Diamond In The Rough

Enterprise: Please, marry me.

Despite my lack of energy, a jolt of electricity restores all functionality immediately. Did I hear her correctly? Did she just propose? No, surely she's merely joking or I may have misheard her. There's simply no way I just heard her correctly.

Me: I-

Enterprise: Please say yes.

Is she being serious? 

Me: Are you serious?

Enterprise: So serious.

WHHHAAAAAT? Completely taken aback, I can't even bring myself to run as she releases me entirely. Even as she kneels down before me, I'm frozen in place as though held there by an invisible hand.

Enterprise: Zhejiang, love of my life and holder of my heart, would you do me the honour of marrying me?

Me: I-

I'm at a complete loss for words. My heart's running laps around the world as my brain's all but resigned. My head's a mess as thoughts blast around within at a thousand miles per second. I can't think straight. My head hurts.

Enterprise: Marry me and I swear o protect you, to have and to hold you, to cherish and provide for you. I'll be the shoulder you cry on. I'll wipe away your tears. 

As she continues on with her proposal, I take the opportunity to stare at the ring. When did she even find time to buy this? More importantly, where was she hiding it all this time and did she plan this from the beginning? Is that why she was this far outside of the city? No...this is definitely just another one of her tricks. After all, she was surprised to see me when I arrived.

Still, in the moonlight, the diamond does glisten like a star

Still, in the moonlight, the diamond does glisten like a star. No, you musn't give in, Zhejiang. Fight it. Fight it! Fight it!

Me: Yes.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*************************

Enterprise: Really?

Looking down, a look of genuine surprise is plastered all across her face. It's almost as though she expected me to knock the box out of her hand and run away or something. The thought, now visually appearing in my head, causes me to laugh and this, in turn, relieves some of the tension though when things settle down I find her still awaiting an answer. Having already given one, however, I resign myself to the words already spoken by my heart. Just this once, I'll indulge.

Me: Yes, I'll-

Before I can finish my sentence, she's scooped me up in her arms and is busy planting kiss after kiss after kiss on my lips. Smiling I kiss her back just as passionately and for a time, it feels like we're the only ones in the world. It's as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I'm finally free. As she spins me, however, a sudden gasp sees us both stop. 

Enterprise: I- I lost the ring.

The tone in her voice, combined with the innocent yet embarrassed face she makes is too much and I burst into laughter once more. As she frantically searches for the ring, I can't help but tease her, boldly proclaiming that no ring means no marriage. This causes her to intensify her search but it only earns even more laughter from me. Still, she isn't left searching long as her eagle swoops down and, after clawing at a spot some distance from us, brings her the ring.

After rinsing it off, in the nearby pond, she turns back to me with a smile.

Enterprise: Now then...