Chapter 6 - Mission

A/N: Here's Chapter 6, i hope you like it!

...

Arifu POV

I just departed from Oyakata-sama's estate for my first mission. I can't believe I'll get promoted to Kinoe if I kill this potential Lower Moon.

Me: "Tori, where is the mission at?" I asked.

Tori: "Just head straight to the north, Arifu-sama. It's at a village near a mountain."

Me: "Alright, thank you."

I was running for a few hours before I made it to my destination. It was a small village at the base of a mountain.

I decided I should ask around for any clues on where the demon might be.

Me: "Excuse me, has there been any reports of people going missing?" I asked politely to an elderly man.

Man: "Some people have been going missing when they hike up the mountain. I suggest you don't check it out."

Me: "Thank you, sir. And don't worry, it's my job to get to the bottom of this."

Man: "You're welcome, and stay safe!"

I waved the man off and started to climb up the mountain. It wasn't that hard. Mount Tsurugi was way harder to climb up because it was steeper and had snow.

After a while I finally made it to the top. There wasn't much other than a hut.

Me: 'I smell blood...' I thought.

I focused on my senses and sensed a demon behind me, ready to pounce on its prey.

Me: 'He's invisible...'

I pretended to look around, in hopes of getting the demon to try to surprise attack me from behind.

Me: 'Not yet, not yet... andddd NOW!'

I turned around and readied a stance...

"Void Breathing, Second Form: Lotus of Agony"

I slashed wildly around myself, creating the image of a lotus and it exploded in a burst of void energy, slicing off his lower body.

When I took a look at his face, I smirked as I looked at his eyes.

"Lower Moon 4"

Me: "So it is a Twelve Kizuki..." I muttered.

LM 4: "Damn you!" he cursed as he regenerated his body.

LM 4: "I'm gonna get rid of that smirk on your face..." he growled.

Me: "Oh, really?"

LM 4: "I'm gonna enjoy devouring you!"

Me: "Everything's fine. After all, you're weak." I smirked.

LM 4: "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME WEAK, YOU BRAT!"

LM 4: "Blood Demon Art, Shadow Clones"

2 other clones of him appeared and they all launched at me at the same time.

Me: "Pretty good, but you're still weaker than that guy." I said as I remembered the former Lower Moon 1 back at Final Selection as I readied a stance.

"Void Breathing, Sixth Form: Harrowing Sorrow"

I made a series of quick thrusts at the heads of the two clones, killing them followed by an upwards slash at the real one, sending him into the skies.

LM 4: "W-What the?!" he said as he was still in the air.

Me: "Sayonara."

"Void Breathing, First Form: Discordant Slash"

I focused my void energy on a single concentrated arcing slash and decapitated him.

LM 4: "No, not yet. I haven't impressed that guy yet... I cant die-" he was cut off as his whole body turned to ashes.

I made a quick prayer and descended the mountain.

As I was heading down, Tori landed on my shoulder.

Tori: "Arifu-sama, Oyakata-sama congratulates you for finishing the mission. You are now a Kinoe."

Me: "Thank you for telling me, Tori. Is there anything else?"

Tori: "Yes, Oyakata-sama apologizes but he needs you to accompany a rookie Mizunoto for a mission in Asakusa, Tokyo."

Me: "Tell him that i'm on my way."

Tori: "Yes, Arifu-sama. Good luck."

Tori flies off to deliver the message to Oyakata-sama.

Me: 'Another mission? That's fast. Well, the more missions the better. I'll become a Hashira in no time.' I thought as I smiled.

...

A/N: So that's it for the 6th chapter! Feel free to give me any advice, ideas or criticism.

Btw this is how Arifu looks like:

Imagine him looking different to suit the old Japanese style and such

Anyway, see you in the next chapter!