Chapter 11 - Mt. Natagumo

A/N: The chapter we've all been waiting for in the anime...

...

After his last mission, Arifu just travelled to another village and stayed at an inn. He just wandered the streets and bought food. While it was 12pm, Arifu had been told by Tori that Oyakata-sama requested his presence. Fortunately, his estate was only an hour away from where he is now.

Arifu: 'Phew, no running for 8 hours straight or even worse, days...'

After an hour of fast walking, Arifu had finally arrived at Oyakata-sama's estate.

He walked to the veranda where Oyakata-sama was sitting cross-legged on and kneeled.

Arifu: "Greetings, Oyakata-sama. You wanted to see me?"

Kagaya: "Good afternoon, Arifu. I heard what happened to your sensei, my condolences. I also have an important mission for you."

Arifu: "Thank you, Oyakata-sama. But with all due respect.... But you could've told Tori or sent me a letter?"

Kagaya: "I also have something else to tell you but let me give you the details for the mission first."

Arifu nodded and signalled him to speak.

Kagaya: "Your mission will take place on Mt. Natagumo. We have sent more than 20 demon slayers but they all didn't come back. I also sent the Water and Insect Hashira an hour ago."

Kagaya: "There is suspected to be a Lower Moon living on the mountain and I request you slay him."

Kagaya: "Also, since you have met Tanjiro and Nezuko before and didn't kill her, would you please retrieve them and bring them back here?"

Arifu widened his eyes on how Oyakata-sama knew about his meeting with Nezuko but quickly regained his composure.

Arifu: "Of course, Oyakata-sama. I'll be taking my leave, now."

Kagaya: "Good luck."

Arifu: "Thank you."

Arifu left the estate and started to head off to Mt. Natagumo.

Timeskippu...

Arifu had arrived at Mt. Natagumo. The moon had already risen and it shone brightly, high in the sky. He could sense 5 demons but only acknowledged one of them who he assumed was a Lower Moon.

Arifu ran into the large forest surrounding the mountain.

Arifu: 'Ugh, spiders... I hate it here.' he thought.

Arifu: 'The sooner I kill the Lower Moon and get Tanjiro and Nezuko out of here, the sooner I will be away from these spiders.'

As he was running through the mountain, he sensed someone about to die near him so he quickly ran in that direction.

A few moments later, he saw a big spider demon crushing a topless demon slayer that was wearing a boar head.

He continued running and slashed the demon's arm, freeing the fellow demon slayer from it's grasp.

The demon hissed in pain as it starts to regenerate his arm.