Chapter 2: Dinner Talk

Shailene P.O.V

"So how was cheerleading camp?" I bit a spoon full of mash potatoes as my mother wondered about my summer.

"Fine. Coach finally agreed to let me be a flyer since I'm small enough." Her and my dad smiled.

That will soon no longer matter...

"That's great! See, Carly, why can't you do someting nice with your free time instead of dressing like a slut!" My mom hit my dad at his rude comment. Altough it was true, she did act like she was 18 instead of 13, he probably shouldn't have said it.

"Gee thanks, dad. Ya know, I got called to the princilbes office today and got a 'dress code viloltion' for wearing a belly shirt. Like, seriously? It's just my belly button! We all have 'em!" My dad rolled his eyes at her. I took another scoop of mash potatoes, finally finishing them. I started to eat the last bites of my steak.

"Carly, I'm serious! I don't want you dressing like that. Because, boys like classy, nice, smart girls, not trashy girls! Dressing like that will only tell a guy that you're ready for sex, and nether of you are ready for sex!" He pointed at Carly and I.

"So showing my belly button tells people I'm ready to have sex?" She gave us a sassy tone.

"Don't get smart with me!" My dad was serious now.

"But-" My dad stopped Carly from saying anything else. I took the last bite of my steak.

"Your father is right. Both of you are way too young to be having sex. So don't!" My mom said the same thing my dad did, but in a nicer tone. Carly looked at me for her support.

"Their right. We're both too young to be having sex." My parents nodded at me for setting a good example. The only thing is, I wasn't. I took my plate and sliverwear to the sink to wash and dry everything. Once I put them away, I annouced I was going to bed. A lecture had started up for Carly as I left. I mouthed 'sorry' as I walked away.

****************

I layed in bed with the covers over my body. I looked over at the time, 12:03. I rolled over and tried to fall alseep so I wouldn't be so tierd for school tomarrow. I held my stomach, wondering what I had gotten myself into. I rembered the night this all happend, the confusing night.

What have I done to myself? What have I done to my family? What have I done to him?