Chapter 18: Do I Have To?

Shailene P.O.V
I grabbed my bag for school, wishing that I could be sleeping right now. Monday mornings are the worst, but now that I'm pregnant, there worse.
"Ready to go?" My dad took one last sip of his coffee and put the dirty mug in the sink.
"Do I have to?" I gave him the puppy dog eyes.
"Do you have to? Yes. Do I want to send you? No." I gave up my begging.
**************
I put the books I didn't need in my locker and grabbed the ones I did. I felt a presence come up behind me. I turned around and saw Marco.
"Hi Marco!" I kissed his cheek. For some reason, I was especially happy to see him.
"Oh, hi Shailene!" He seemed to be surprised by the kiss. "Look, I'm sorry for pressuring you about the baby and Brett..." He frowned.
"It's okay, and I totally get it if you don't want to be with me anymore." He shook his head.
"No, see that's the thing. I want to help!" His words shocked me.
"Really?"
"Really! See, I've been thinking, people are saying it's Brett's but why don't we say it's mine?" He suggested.
"But it really is Brett's baby." I put him down.
"C'mon, we could try." He smiled.
"Okay." I gave in.
"Great! So I'll see you at lunch. Oh..." He held my stomach. "I'll see you two at lunch!" He corrected himself. I laughed.
"Okay." He leaned in and kissed me slowly. A peck turned into a passionate kiss.
"I love you, Shailene."
"I love you too, Marco." With that, he smiled and walked away.
I shut my locker as the first period bell rang. I felt another presence come up from behind me. I turned around and saw Brett staring at me.
"What do you want?" I asked, rudely.
"We need to talk." He sounded stern.
"Are you jealous of Marco and I? Because, you and I are nothing!" He rolled his eyes.
"I'm not here to talk about gay boy, I'm here to talk to you about this baby."