Chapter 34: Another Little Fling?

Brett P.O.V
I woke up with my arms wrapped around Shailene's body and my hands against her belly. I felt a few kicks from inside and smiled to myself. Shay soon rolled over and smiled at me.

"Your still here?" She seemed confused.

"Of course." I kissed her cheek unexpectedly.

"Well, it's just, at cheer camp the next morning you ran off and never spoke to me." She frowned.

"That was cheer camp. This is now." I pulled the blankets down so I could see her belly. I put my head down and kissed her belly then rested my head there.

"Oh, gosh! My parents are going to kill me!" She started to freak out. I made eye contact with her again.

"Why?"

"Beacause you slept over! You should go!" She got up out of bed, exposing herself. She threw on a robe and threw my clothes at me.

I threw on my pants and shirt I was wearing last night and got out of her bed. I walked over to her and kissed her forehead, then I got down on my knees and kissed our baby once more. I walked out of her room and into the kitchen to be surprised by her mom, dad and sister sitting at the table eating.

"Brett Summers? What are you doing here?" Carly asked. Her dad seemed mad.

"I just, uh, wanted to check on Shay and our baby this morning." I gave a fake smile.

"Sure you were..." Carly laughed.

"Hey, trust your sister. She's very responsible!" Shay's mom argued.

"If she's so responsible, then why is she pregnant?" Carly sassed.

"Don't be rude, Carly!" Her dad lectured.

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I have to get home." They seemed to forgot I was in the same room as them. We all turned to the sounds of Shay's footsteps coming toward us.

"Oh, hey guys." She crossed her arms inside of her robe for warmth.

"Morning you two!" Her dad greeted.

"I was just about to leave." I put my hands on her stomach and kissed her passionetly for a good minute. I soon pulled away and saw Shailene smiling away. I guess she didn't expect me to kiss her.

"Bye." She smiled at me. I walked away from her and left her house, ignoring the evil glares I got from her family.
******************
Shailene P.O.V
"See, I told you he was doing more than checking up on her and the baby." Carly smiled.

"Shay, are you and Brett, dating?" My mother asked.

"I think so. I meen, I don't know..." I felt confused and wondered if we were dating.

"If you are, then that's great! The baby will grow up with a dad." My dad was surprisingly more excited about Brett and I dating than my mom and Carly.

"I hope so..." I mumbled.

I grabbed a piece of toast with some eggs and bacon. I gobbled it down faster than I expected. Being pregnat made me hungry all the time.

I washed my plate and went upstairs to my room. I looked at my phone and saw I had two messages. One from Brett and the other from Taylor.

Brett: I forgot to say, but, I love you.

I replied him with an "I love you too" then read the message from Taylor.

Taylor: Hey Shay! Just wanted to see how you were going and to say that I think it's cool that you, me and Marissa are friends again!

Shailene: I'm doing fine.

I put my phone down and looked down at my belly and layed on my bed. I saw a few kicks pop out from my belly and smiled. I heard another ping from my phone and saw another message from Brett.

Brett: I will still be going with you tomorrow to find out what we're having.

I smiled to myself, feeling happy that he wants to be apart of the baby's life. I looked down at my belly and whispered:

"I love you, and so does your daddy."