Chapter Fourteen:

*Hey, guys!!! I'm back with another chapter of my version of Sing! YAY!!!! This is published on September 16, 2021. If you guys like this chapter, don't be afraid to vote and comment. That would be greatly appreciated! Enjoy!*

At the theater, Buster switched off the lights on the stage and powered off the speakers so that no one could tread on the puddles on the stage and get zapped. While Eddie, Mizuki, Ms. Crawly, Mike, and Nancy carried the speakers upstairs away from the water, Buster attempted to fix it with duct tape. Ms. Crawly walked out of backstage to see Buster up on the ceiling drafts.

"I know a handyman who can repair the rooftop, sir," Ms. Crawly stated.

"It's fine, Ms. Crawly, I appreciate the--" Buster stopped midsentence as if something just hit him. An idea that could blow the audiences. His gaze was shifted upwards towards the grey clouds pouring down rain on his head. He then looked to see buckets of water all around him.

Buster smiled as the idea was slowly coming together in his brain. "On second thought, Ms. Crawly, we could use a handyman! Go ahead and give him a call!"

Ms. Crawly grinned brightly as she took out her phone and called the handyman she knew from a few nights ago.

A few minutes passed by as Buster and Ms. Crawly were near the stage as a familiar lizard walked into the auditorium with his umbrella set aside the doorway.

The lizard smiled fondly as he walked up to Ms. Crawly. "It's good to see you again, Karen."

"You too, Herman," Ms. Crawly replied with a nod.

Out of politeness, Herman, the lizard, took Ms. Crawly's hand gently and kissed it.

Buster tilted his head in confusion until he came to the conclusion that Herman must have been one of her dates.

Herman lifted his head up and glanced at Buster. "And you must be the famous Buster Moon Karen talks so highly of."

Buster smiled and nodded. "Yeah. It was nice to meet you, sir."

Herman grinned politely. "It was nice to meet you too."

"You're a handyman, right?" Buster asked.

Herman nodded his head. "That's right."

"Okay, perfect. I got something to show you!" Buster replied excitedly, going straight to business as he ran up the stage while the old reptile couple waited for the koala showman.

Buster had the blueprint out that was protected from the water as he laid it out on the ground of the auditorium. "Okay, this is something I've been keeping for a while in my office. I want to put on something spectacular. Something that the audience won't forget."

"The talent show?"

"Yes...but the stage needs an upgrade. If you know what I mean," Buster replied with a small chuckle.

Herman glanced up at the hole in the ceiling. "Yes, I see. Do you want me to fix that?"

"Not at the moment...we're going to need that hole."

"Are you sure about this, Mr. Moon?" Ms. Crawly asked as she stared at the blueprint.

"We need something unforgettable, spectacular. And...And this is going to blow the audience away!" Buster replied excitedly. The koala looked at the old lizard. "Do you think you can do it?"

Herman pondered for a moment. "I think I can."

"Great! It's settled then. Let's get to work!" Buster determined happily.

~.~

"I feel bad for Ash," Johnny uttered as both Meena and he were walking down the sidewalk, on their way to Meena's home.