16. Okay lovebirds

Once we had carried the groceries to the kitchen we unpacked the stuff and looked at the amount of ingredients that we had put on the kitchen table.

"Well that's a lot of food.. "I laughed. The table was literally full without any empty space left.

"Oh yes.. Only that it will all be finished by the evening. Those guys eat like animals"

"Yeah I can believe" I said while opening my drink. Ro poured herself a glass of white wine and we started to prep the stuff for the pizza, salad, onion rings, god knows what more we had planned to do while shopping hungry. We all know how stupid idea it is to go shopping while hungry but apparently we never think about that while doing it. Some things just never changes.

"So... Umh. You said Niko stayed the night... " Ro handed me the cutting board with a grin. I felt my cheeks heating up again. I took the board and placed on the table in front of me. Ro then handed me the knife and started to search for the ingredients for the pizza dough.

"Yeah.. I mean. He was about to leave but I just.. Felt that I wanted him to stay with me. Ro you have no idea what that man has managed to do with me.. When I first saw him hanging around the kindergarten where I work I was so sure that the was some creepy clingy one-nighter and I didn't want to have anything to do with him.."

Robyn started to laugh hard while reaching for the bowl.

"Oh god yeah he told that to me.. " she started to measure the flour and other ingredients.
"Oh he did?" I laughed.
"Yeah... He said that you really did your best to get rid of him"
"Believe me I did.. But... here we are" Here we were indeed. Niko had occupied a huge amount of my brain and heart and it was pretty much impossible not to think about him anymore.
"How was the restaurant tho?" Ro then smiled and started to do the pizza dough. I reached for the cucumber and started to cut it for the salad.

"It was just amazing.. When we got there I went totally speechless. No one has never took me to place like that..." I stopped for a moment to recall the night in my mind. It was just simply amazing. The whole night. And I knew that Niko probably was hoping for a bit different type of ending and if I didn't have plans for the next day then who knows, maybe it would have gone differently indeed. But it didn't and thinking back to that made me feel a bit bad about it.
"I thought so" she smiled and added some more flour to the bowl.
"Oh?"
"Yeah I might fed him the idea to take you somewhere special... "
"Oh... Then I should thank you"
"No, Niko took care from all of it, I just helped him to pick the place"
"It was really great choice" I pushed the cucumber into the bowl and took the tomatoes next.
"I know.. Joel took me there for my birthday few years ago so I knew what to recommend" she smiled and covered the bowl with a towel and set it aside to rise. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket so I stood up and washed my hands before drying then into the kitchen towel. A small smile was painted on my lips as I saw that the message was from Niko.

Niko: You already there?

Miryam: Yeah, helping Ro with cooking

Niko: Oh great, we'll be there soon. Waiting for Joonas to pick up Pauline.. He's been there for a while now already

Miryam: Well have fun waiting. Knowing her you will have to wait a bit more, if you know what I mean ;)

Niko: Oh..OH.. Okay. Guess Joonas knows where Joel and Ro lives, so we're leaving him here and start driving. See you soon!

Miryam: See u!

"What are you laughing at?" Robin asked and started to cut the onions for the onion rings. Soon we were both wiping tears because of the enzymes from the onions and I had to get a paper towel to dry my eyes.