Chapter 4

The sun glowered through the frosted window, it was a Sunday morning. (Y/N) stretched her body, slowly reaching for her phone to check the time. 6:30 am, time to get ready for another day of college. Moaning to herself, she got out of bed, slipping on her fuzzy slippers as she strode downstairs towards the kitchen. Her mind was blurry; she didn't quite remembered anything from last night. As she paced down the stairs, a thud then a somewhat hiss sounded in the kitchen. She glanced behind the wardrobe, which was oddly on a angle, and jumped at the sight. A shirtless man was sweeping kernels of Fruity Peebles into the packaging, clearly frustrated and exhausted. His dark blonde hair fizzed in her brain. Have I seen him before? He kinda looks familiar..

The man turned around, his emerald eyes enlarged at the sight of her. He blushed hesitantly, breathing through his gritted teeth. He chuckled nervously as he looked at her, his eyes flourishing with embarrassment.

"Ehh, sorry, (Y/N). I was really hungry and there was no food whatsoever, and yea..." he trailed off, his hands rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I'm sorry, do I know you? I think I saw you somewhat, like yesterday. I don't know." (Y/N) kindly interrupted, eyes glued onto his standing out features.

Her eyes bulged at the sight of buffed-out abs, moistened with grimy sweat. Scars were traced on him, mostly on his abs and jawline. His slightly-long dark blonde hair was swept back, again waxed with traces of sweat. She grew a gentle hue of red and buried her face into her slippery hands. She took shaky breathes, letting out a frenzy of short wheezes. The man noticed her embarrassing reaction to his buff features.

"Take a picture of it, sweet pea. It'll last longer." he mocked, flexing even more at her.

"Stop, please.." (Y/N) giggled, heart pounding on her chest. "Ahh, its you Clay. I met you yesterday, right?"

"Yea." he calmly responded.

"So, what did you did last night?"

"Well, I met up with my friends at their house and y'know do our stuff." Clay remarked, scooping a handful of Fruity Peebles into his mouth.

"Oh. Okay then, please put on a shirt, dude. It's getting very embarrassing here." pleaded (Y/N).

Clay strolled towards the couch, where a grey shirt was hung, and slipped it on. The girl reached out to talk as she realized how many scars he had. She frowned bitterly as she jogged back to the kitchen, trying to find some rolls of bandages and a pack of alcohol swabs. Carrying everything in her arms, she sat down beside Clay and examined the scars.

"God, where ever did you get these?" (Y/N) groaned, ripping the swab pack open and taking two between her delicate fingers.

"We had a... fight. Like a friendly one, got carried away." Clay hummed, watching her fingers rub on his scars.

They sat back in silence. Clay was breathing through gritted teeth as the girl tried to be as gentle as possible with the injuries. She wrapped his arm with the delicate, yet sturdy bandage, softly drumming her fingers on the armrest. Clay felt a whoosh of exhaustion; his eyelids were falling off. The girl finally did the last knot of the bandage, she looked up at Clay, he was snoring faintly as he muttered slurry words. Giggling inaudibly at him, she got off to wash her hands. She glanced at her watch, it shone: 7:10 am

Reaching for her coat, she had a PB&J sandwich in her mouth. She grabbed her worn out notebooks and her laptop, stuffing them into her bag. Unfortunately, her bag ripped, all of its contents fell out from the bottom. Her muffled screams woke Clay up, he jolted awake as he surveyed his surroundings.

"God, you scared me to death, (Y/N). What's wrong?" Clay inquired, smoothing down his shaggy hair.

"Sorry that I woke you up, Clay. It's my bag, it ripped open. Now I don't know how to bring my stuff to college." (Y/N) responded, her voice trembling slightly.