Chapter 11

Clay was strapped to the metal wall for an hour at least. He had needles piercing through his skin here and there, sucking up whatever Techno wanted. Clay growled fiercely at Techno and his apprentice, Ranboo as they pulled out the needles and tossing them into a bright yellow bin. Clay's eyes darted around the room, he saw a pair of golden eyes from below a table to his left. He stared at them attentively as he saw more and more of its features: mocha brown fur, a pert snout and an extremely fluffy, bouncy tail. Clay raised an eyebrow at it, he could see it smile tightly behind the shadows. He knew the plan was crazy, but it just might work.

Tubbo nodded affirmatively at his brother, ready to strike when the signal came. His tail was in suspending in mid-air, meaning that he was nervous, but determined at the same time. Clay snapped out of his thoughts as Techno budged him to move with Ranboo tailing him from behind while holding a tray of test tubes and all the fancy scientific equipment. Tubbo followed them at a distance, keeping out of view of the two maniacs whilst making sure Clay could see him somewhere. It was a complicated plan. After a ten minutes of walking, they reached to another lab. Ranboo swiped a key card over a detector as he handed the tray over to Techno. His master swiftly took it and shut the glass door behind him, leaving Ranboo with Wolf Clay. Clay hung his head up and howled. The noise was merciless, causing Ranboo to fell down with shock. 

The signal, Tubbo remembered.

Tubbo leaped out of his hiding place and circled around the apprentice predatorily. Clay swooped him up with his snout and bonked his backside to steady Ranboo right on his back. Clay sprinted off on all fours, rapidly followed by Tubbo. Ranboo yelped as he tugged onto Clay's fur, having to tug them harder each time as his hands would slip off the fur. They left the bunker doors and into the cold wilderness, the snow sprinkling all over the greenery. They heard an agonized yell from inside the bunker: Techno. Techno came running at the lupines with a brand-new crossbow and possibly silver-tipped arrows.

"GET BACK HERE!" Techno hollered, cocking his weapon.

Clay and Tubbo paced faster into the woods, Techno's footsteps getting closer and closer. Clay growled at Tubbo, who's ears flatten back in surprise. They stopped running as they arrived at a clearing, the moonlight flooding the snow-layered grass. Ranboo stepped off Clay's furry back as he felt Clay's paw curled tight on his shoulder, his sharp claws poking his bare skin. It didn't took long until Techno appeared from the shadows. He held the crossbow along with a quiver filled with arrows. Techno aimed the refilled weapon at Clay, thinking the werewolf was too dumb to think off a better plan. His index finger was gripping around the trigger, ready to shoot. Strangely, Clay wasn't at all scared or agitated; instead he had a loop-sided grin on his face as he held Ranboo hostage. He glanced at Tubbo, who had a wide wooden plank behind his feet, and exchanged glances.

"We can make a deal Techno. You shoot, there'll be bad crap happening." Clay leered coldly, tightening his grip on Ranboo's shoulder; nearly sinking his sharp claws into his skin.

Techno frowned. He clicked the trigger and the arrow came out of the crossbow at top speed, but not fast enough for Tubbo to not go as planned. The young lupine carried the wooden plank and shielded Clay from the arrow swiftly, Ranboo clearly shocked from how fast Tubbo reacted. Techno, thinking he had succeeded in killing Clay, was astonished. 

Clay smirked. "Since you shot, here the is the consequence." His voice trailed off slightly at the end.

Clay looked up at the midnight sky, the moon hung gloomily over them. He sank his claws into Ranboo's skin forcefully, blood spilling from his furry hand as he bent down with such speed and clamped his jaw down on his shoulder. Ranboo screamed painfully, blood erupting like an active volcano as Clay's jaws left his blood-soaked skin. Tubbo watched the whole thing with a dark pit in him, guilt hanging in his throat. Techno yelled from where he stood, his legs stuck to the ground with shock. Ranboo fell down, blood turning the snow crimson. Techno rushed to his apprentice, his hands reached under Ranboo's back as blood trickled over his hands. Clay stepped back, wiping his bloody mouth, his body shaking with what he had done. 

Tubbo approached him, his amber eyes glistening with tears. Clay wrapped a bloody arm around his younger brother, his breathes shaky. He watched Techno loomed over Ranboo, trying everything he could to heal him. Techno turned his head to Clay, a wave of fury went over him.

"You KILLED him! You monster!" Techno exclaimed furiously, his voice cracking minutely.

"Ranboo's not dead, you fool." Clay snapped, baring his blood-stained teeth.

Techno stared at him, disbelieved of what Clay said. He clenched his fists as he turned to face Clay once more.

"Then what?! His soul's about to leave his body!?" Techno snarled.

"Don't you get it? I've bitten him under the fricking full moon.." Clay sneered, watching as Techno went pale.

"N-no.. You can't have.." 

"He will live, but not normally. He isn't a human anymore, Dave." 

The words hung in the air, the stench of blood was overpowering, but nobody cared. Techno approached Ranboo, sobbing silently as he tore off his coat and wrapped it around the apprentice's wounded shoulder. Ranboo exhaled through gritted teeth, the massive wound on his shoulder searing like acid. He stared at Techno longingly and slowly stood up with Techno's muscular arm around his neck, avoiding the wound. Ranboo's expression was completely blank when Techno faced him towards Clay, who was busy tending his wounds.

"As I was saying, under every full moon, Ranboo will undergo an excruciatingly painful transformation from man to wolf, then for a while, he will lose his memory of everything and think every creature is prey. He shall hunt till sunrise, where he will form back into his usual self, mostly worn out and tired." Clay explained, with a gleeful smirk on his face whilst earning a nudge from Tubbo.

Ranboo stared at the ground. Techno was speechless. Clay shook Tubbo's shoulder hard, alerting him. The two werewolves ran on all fours, leaving Techno and Ranboo in silence.