Chapter 16

"How are you feeling Ranboo?" asked Dave apprehensively.

"I'm fine; I'm just worn out." Ranboo answered.

They were at Ranboo's room, with Ranboo laying tiredly on the bed and Dave sitting on the edge. 

"What did you do?"

"Well, I, uh, I can't remember much, but, I think this is what happened." Ranboo stuttered, lifting his head up slightly. "I met Clay and his pack." Dave scowled at the name. "Then, I got lost in the woods, no, I attacked (Y/N) first then got lost. Out of nowhere, this really huge wolf came out of the bushes. He took me to his place and told me to rest till Clay's pack arrived."

Dave got up shakily and went to the door.

"I'm going to get some groceries, we're low on stock at the moment. I won't be long." Dave said, closing the door behind him. 

Ranboo sighed heavily as he sat up and walked downstairs. Despite he knew that Dave kept most of his hunting gear downstairs and on display, he barely bothered noticing it, though the silver bullets made him twitch uncomfortably. He heard a burst of laughter from outside; he went to the window to check what was going on. Two wolves were chasing each other playfully in the snow, their tails flying in the air. One had light blonde fur and the other coffee brown. Instantly, he knew who they were; the two cheeky omegas, Tommy and Tubbo.

The wolves ended up propping themselves on the cold snow, gasping for air as they laugh airily. 

"Tommy! I told you not to go too far! Wilbur will get worried sick of you." a sharp voice came.

"Come on piss baby! Me and Tubbo know the way back." Tommy snarled back, shaking the snow off his body.

"Don't call me that!"

Clay appeared in his human form, striding towards the two omegas while combing his dark blonde hair back. 

"Tommy, don't make us look suspicious. Here, some clothes." Clay snapped, tossing Tubbo a duffel bag.

The omegas ran behind a tree to change. 

"Don't look at me! You're disgusting!" Tommy yelled at Tubbo as he slipped his shirt on.

Clay waited impatiently for the two to be done with it and when they finally arrived, the sound of crushing snow made them jump.

"Techno! He's back! Quick hide!" Tubbo hissed, running to a copse of snow-capped trees and was swiftly pursued by Clay and Tommy.

A grey jeep rolled by and it parked in front of a house in the middle of nowhere. They heard incoherent muttering and the sound of plastic bags being fumbled into. 

"That must be Dave's house." Clay whispered.

Dave appeared from behind the car, his normally long hair was cut short and a thick coat hung loosely on him. Ranboo quickly hopped on the couch and pretended he had not seen anything. 

"Hello? Oh Ranboo." Dave gave him a small smile as he walked to the kitchen. "Out there, I swear I saw Clay and his two rascals. Though, when I looked back, they were gone."

Ranboo shrugged plainly as he snatched a quick glance outside. Sure enough, Clay, Tommy and Tubbo had left. 

"I think I'm a burden to you, Dave." Ranboo stated absurdly, seeing Dave swiftly turn to him in disbelieve.

"Of course not! You're my friend!" Dave smiled warily.

"Ever since I got this lycanthropy thing, you're always on your feet, thinking of me." 

Dave didn't answer. 

"The thing is that you hunt werewolves, and now that I'm one.. I.. Don't think that I'm safe with you anymore.." Ranboo said soberly, watching Dave's gaze sadden.

"No.. I won't hurt you! Promise." Dave protested.

Ranboo locked his eyes onto Dave's. He nodded, though something in him felt it wouldn't last.

Sorry for the short chapter, I had a bit of writer's block.. I hope you have a great day/night! 🍩