Chapter 8

The arrived at Walmart, about 5 kilometers away from Clay's house. The girl beside him was awfully silent; shivers ringing down his spine. They got out of the car and locked it. Shuffling towards it, they tugged a trolley from a line. The wheels seemed pathetic as they squeaked and never pointed the right direction. 

"So, eggs first I guess." Clay peered, slipping the list under a plastic compartment.

The girl beside him pushed the trolley forcefully over to the egg freezer. Taking a couple of dozen packs, dropping them in the trolley with a metallic groan. 

"Check! Now, at least 2 loaves of bread." the girl said, pointing to a bakery at the far back of the store. 

Clay nodded complyingly, growling minutely at the wonky trolley. He then pulled two packs of bread slices and a dozen of assorted doughnuts. The girl took hold of the trolley, barely moving at all. Clay snatched it back, nearly breaking the wheels off. 

"Next, meat and fish. Well, most of us like meat better than fish, y'know. Maybe you like fish, I'll get a few." Clay stated, grabbing pepper and salt from the shelves to his left. 

"Okay!"

After an hour and a half, the pathetic trolley groaned feebly as they unload the groceries. The cashier stretched out the receipt like a foot long. He grinned satisfyingly as he ripped the paper off, curling it into a roll.

"Sixty dollars and 20 cents." he said, taking the dollar bills into the cash register. "Thank you!"

They pushed the trolley to Clay's ash grey car, huffing as their breathes turned into moist mist. He flexed on her, weighing six hefty bags with one hand, his werewolf abilities building on his right arm. 

"Stop it! Just get in the car!" she snarled, getting a share-size bag of Cheetos Puffs as she ripped it open.

Clay slammed the door shut, digging his hand through the bag for something. Haribo Gummy Bears

"Gimme one! I'll give you two puffs!" the girl pleaded, her eyes glued on Clay's gummies.

"Nope." 

"Fine." Clay growled taking two puffs from the girl's hand, replacing them with a red bear.

"Clay?"

"Hmm?"

"Does anyone else other than your friends know what you are?" she asked, sucking the gummy bear.

"No. I don't think so." Clay retorted, crushing the golden packaging in his soothingly warm hands.

"What does Techno look like?" she asked out of the blue.

"Well, he has dyed his hair pink? Wears like Victorian style, something. All I know that he's evil." Clay muttered, his forehead crinkling moderately.

"I think I saw him, when we're at college at break." she said, taking a bite from her cheesy puff.

Clay seemed flustered, but kept his cool. The subject seemed to bother him, so she kept quiet. A few minutes later, they arrived home. Clay hauled all the bags effortlessly with one hand, smirking mockingly at her again. Niki greeted them, helping Clay with the packed supplies in his hand. Wilbur appeared too, his warm smile plastered on his peaky face. Nick was half-formed; his eyes golden, ears pointed mildly, patches of dark brown fur dotted his cheeks and hands, which his nails had sharpen idly and a short tail curled under his sweater. Tubbo was sitting on George's lap, watching television as they waved at the two with dry smiles. 

"Nick! Why are you half-formed?" Clay wondered, opening a can of Pepsi.

Nick just shrugged. As soon as he saw the girl, he stalked away from them and went upstairs.