Chapter 19

(Y/N)'s POV

Clay's pack spent most of the day joking around and spending time at the arcade. They barely noticed that night had come. Again, they were out: Wilbur told Clay that Mr. Watson was waiting for them due to it being Clay's birthday. Clay left me at the arcade as I told him I wasn't fond of getting my feet caked with dirt ever since he accidentally dropped me and I landed on a half-dried up muddy puddle. But, he also didn't trusted me on being all alone at the arcade, so he insisted someone would stay with me till they came back, which was probably the next morning. Only Ranboo took the offer and Clay made him wear a silver ring to stop him from transforming. 

I was collecting the arcade tickets and was keeping them in my pockets except for Ranboo's and mine, incase he wanted to exchange them.

"Ranboo, do you want to exchange your tickets? I'm going to exchange mine now." I asked.

"Sure." Ranboo replied.

We headed to a counter and gave the half-asleep co-worker our tickets and she pointed to a counter machine in a corner. I inserted all of mine as the machine whirred as a number in red lights counted my tickets. I got about 213 tickets and Ranboo got 250, he got most of them at the basketball station as he is very good at it or he just has the advantage of being 6 feet and 6 inches tall. After getting our number, we went back to the counter and we looked for the things we could redeem our precious tickets for. Ranboo saw a huge bee plushy for 200 tickets and bought it, he seemed pretty happy with the plush. I saw a freakishly large drone that was sadly 220 tickets, I was 7 tickets away. I didn't felt like buying more game tokens or playing anymore water-shooting games or something. 

Ranboo seemed to noticed my disappointment and walked towards me.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Ranboo asked, tucking his bee plushy under his arm.

"Oh, I just don't have enough to get the drone. I'm just 7 tickets away from getting it." I said.

"Here, take mine. I have loads left." Ranboo offered, handing me 7 tickets.

"Oh my god! Thank you!" I beamed, already running to the counter and bargaining for the drone.

The co-worker gave me it reluctantly as she went to the staff room. Me and Ranboo marveled at each other's toys before deciding to go home. I went to change into my nightwear and I went downstairs to watch some TV, ignoring the fact that it was nearly midnight. Ranboo stayed upstairs, probably feeling sleepy, and I tried to make sure the volume of the TV wouldn't wake him up. Just when I was about to relax, the doorbell rang. I guessed someone had bought something online so I went to answer it. I put on my thin windbreaker and twisted the doorknob. A figure with a thick hoodie stood there with no parcel whatsoever. 

"Umm, are you the delivery guy or something?" I asked, a slight feeling of anxiousness gripped me.

The person bend lower and I gasped inaudibly. I saw a flicker of pink hair behind the hood.

"T-techno..." I breathed as the figure pulled the hood off.

"Where is he..." Techno seethed, pulling out a dagger and poised it at my neck.

******************

I shakily made my way through the greenery with a dagger at my throat. Techno followed me swiftly and barely made any mistakes. We had been walking for so long my legs began to cramp. Luckily, I could hear voices not too far from where we were. Techno heard it too and he pulled his dagger back into its sheath and walked faster. I followed Techno reluctantly in the direction of the noise.

It wasn't long till we found ourselves in a familiar clearing with a cabin. I saw Clay standing there, froze with shock at the sight of me and Techno here.

"(Y/N)! What's Techno doing here?" Clay said, as Techno returned the dagger back to my throat, the cold metal numbing my skin.

I felt tears rise in my eyes. I couldn't move a muscle. The rest of Clay's pack appeared, all having bloodstains on the corner of their mouths. 

"(Y/N)!" I heard Niki called from the other side.

"Let her go, you son of a-" Tommy yelled, but got cut off.

"I'll let her go if the Alpha surrenders.." Techno declared, eying Clay demonically.

"Don't do it!" I cried, feeling Techno tighten his grip on the dagger.

"Shut up, you little sh*t."

Clay sighed heavily as he stepped forward, an unmistakable look of defeat on his face. He approached the hunter solemnly as he gave me a silent whine.

"I  s-surrender... We'll stay hidden.. Now, let her go.." Clay stated.

"This is not the way I seeing surrender." Techno smirked as Clay shot his head up.

I let out a frightened cry; I saw Techno holding a revolver and a silver bullet. Clay tried to escape but he was held strong by Techno, locking him in place.

"Last words?" Techno said blankly, reloading his firearm with the bullet.

Clay smiled bleakly at me and I forced a smile back, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Please. Take me instead of him.." I pleaded, Techno barely looking at me.

"Three..." Techno began counting down as the rest of the pack stood in fear and shock.

"Two..." I wriggled in his grasp, hoping it might stunt his accuracy and miss Clay.

"One.." My head snapped at Techno, then at Clay.

Right before he shot, something had knocked Techno to his side, causing him to trip and miss the shot. The bang echoed through the woods and after the echo had faded, I sat up straight to see who had done it. A wolf with black and white fur loomed over Techno, pinning him down with his jaws bared. Ranboo. 

"Don't you dare hurt the Alpha.." Ranboo rasped.

Techno felt for his gun and wrapped his fingers around it. Ranboo noticed it and clamped his jaw right onto the gun (and possibly Techno's hand in the process) and tried to pry the firearm out. I could see blood dripping from Techno's hand as he somehow managed to slip a bullet into the gun. 

"Ranboo! Watch out!" Phil barked, running to the beta.

Phil pushed Ranboo aside and took the shot.

"NO! DAD!" Tommy yelled as the wolf fell lifeless on the ground.

Wilbur and Tommy dashed to the fallen wolf.

"Father. No no no..." Wilbur sobbed, frantically figuring out a way to save his father.

"Wilbur...Tommy... I love you...Until we meet again..." Phil heaved out his last breathe as his eyes closed forever.

Wilbur grasped Phil's hand tight before releasing them. Wilbur turned to Techno, a spark of fury shown in his eyes.

"YOU MOTHER****ER!" Wilbur cursed, running towards Techno.

Techno madly slipped in his final bullet as he shakily pointed it to Wilbur, the blood on his hands made the surface of the gun slick and slippery. Wilbur lunged in front of Techno and twisted his hand to point his gun at himself just as Techno clicked the trigger. The bullet sped in Techno's direction and pierced through his skin and into his chest. 

He was dead. No more Techno. Clay approached me and hugged me long, I didn't cared on how he smelled of pungent blood. When he released me, we headed somberly to Phil's body, where everyone was huddled around. The wound were the bullet had gone through was bleeding slowly and the wound was covered by a bandage, which was stained crimson red. Wilbur and Tommy heaved out a shaky sigh as Clay and Wilbur began lifting Phil's body and prepared to bury him. They placed him beside his cabin and Niki etched, on a slab of rock, Phil's gravestone. After placing the stone and finished burying Phil, they howled, not the rough, short ones, no, the howls were blissful and full of emotion. The loudest ones by far were Wilbur's and Tommy's unsurprisingly. 

"C'mon. Let's go." Clay said shakily.

I gave the grave a final glance before leaving.