Chapter 18

Months passed by and the season changed. Ranboo no longer lost his memory every time he formed and he was getting better with Phil's tutoring. He also learnt to savor the oddly, mouth-watering taste of raw meat; he used to gag over it, but now he almost moans at the taste of it. 

"Ranboo! Bye! See ya tomorrow night!" Clay hollered, waving a paw at Ranboo.

Ranboo sped back home and then slowed down as Dave's house came into view. He formed back as he heard dry leaves crunching behind him.

"What were you doing with them!?" Dave yelled furiously.

"Clay and his pack were assisting me. What's wrong?" Ranboo replied, a perplexed look on his face as they both entered the house.

"Clay bit you at first out of rage and now he's helping you?! Don't you think that there's something wrong?" Dave spat back.

Ranboo bit his lip.

"He's using you! At one point, you'll join on his side, which is against me!"

"No! He's not like that anymore! You don't know him like I do! I've been spending months with him; I've got to know him better than you." Ranboo retorted, surprised at how well it came out.

"You haven't seen the other side of him. He's hiding all the bad sh*t from you. He's planning terrible stuff for us behind your back." Dave seethed, his eyes locked dreadfully on Ranboo's.

Ranboo choked back a sob. The blood inside him boiled and adrenaline coursed through him. 

"I have been looking after you ever since that damned Clay bit you; I took pity every time that you felt the slightest of tiredness or the feeblest traces of pain." 

"If you're complaining about me soo much, why didn't you leave?! I'm fine! Clay's been looking after me better than you!" Ranboo yelled, he then realized what he had done just a second too late. "No, no, I-I didn't meant that.."

"Get out..." Dave breathed.

"But-"

"I SAID GET OUT!" Dave repeated, raising his voice.

 Ranboo felt a blade of betrayal stab through him. He stared hard at Dave, hoping for his face to lighten up, but it didn't came.

"Get the f**k out or else." Dave threatened, pulling out a gun and a silver bullet.

Ranboo sobbed silently and stormed out, a tear tracing down his scarred cheek. He continued to run further away from home, sorrow weighed him down, but he trudged further into the woods. After a half an hour of running, his legs couldn't move on any further. He sat down to rest and soothe his worn out legs. 

"I can't believe Master kicked me out.. I thought he was my friend..." Ranboo whined to himself. 

"I can." a voice came.

Ranboo snapped his head up to see young Tubbo standing there.

"When I first saw you and Dave, I knew your friendship wouldn't last. It was that weird feeling that went over me." Tubbo said, approaching Ranboo and sitting next to him.

"Dave was looking for an assistant for his research and offered a high price, but not many took the offer as many knew that whatever he research was awfully dangerous, but since I was oblivious of that, I accepted." Ranboo sighed. "During our first week together, he told me all about his discovery of werewolves and how dangerous they are. I was both surprised and scared at the same time. Though, he told me it was nothing to be afraid of, but he made me promise to never tell anyone about this."