Chapter 10

Clay stared daggers at Ranboo, he could sense the fear emitting from him. Techno took the chance and snuck away. Tommy and the young girl were knocked out cold, their heads faced downwards. Ranboo muttered words under his breathe, the silence cracking bit by bit. Clay stepped forward, causing the apprentice to take a step back. It continued till he bumped his back to the wall, no where else to run. Clay gave him a predatory glare. As he was about to come a tiny bit closer, something bulky wrapped around his neck. A chain. It looped around him, the icy metal rubbing on his neck vigorously as Clay restlessly tried to free himself. He struggled to turn around to see who did it: Techno. Clay flopped himself on the ground, hitting it hard. He heard the caged wolves bark and growl at him, their cages rattling with their immense strength and power. 

"Let me go!" Clay roared, swinging his claws at Techno as he and Ranboo tugged Clay on the tiled floor.

"Ranboo, remember in an hour he needs to do it." Techno whispered into his apprentice's ear.

They swung Clay in a cage; his furry backside clashed with the sturdy metal bars, a painful whine erupted from him. Clay sat up limply as he felt his tail, he winced at it mournfully. He could barely moved it; most likely it broke. The pain overwhelmed him, he let his heart out with deep howls, joined with the rest of the wolves. 

"Clay?" a familiar voice shakily asked.

He spun around cautiously. The young girl was too, stuck in a cage, her eyes stung red and puffy. He wished he could go to her, wrap his arms around her, forgetting any of this crap behind. The girl clung her arms round the bars and beamed at Clay, thankful that he was alive. 

"Thank god you're alive." she sobbed.

"Same. But we're stuck here. We can't get out." Clay said.

The girl went silent. She leaned against the bars and shut her eyes. Clay looked away, his mind flustered and the thought of giving up rung in him like a bell. But, he knew he can't. Lives depend on him. His pointy ears flattened down on his face, he wished the rest of his pack were there and helping him to get everyone the heck out and bomb the place up. He sank to the cold, metal floor, crossing his arms and slowly sandwiched his injured tail between his legs. His ears twitched at every morsel sound and his body shuddered every once in awhile due to the unbearable coldness of the floor. He tiredly shut his eyes and dozed off.

It was an hour later; time for whatever Techno wanted to do with him. Ranboo undid the lock on Clay's cage and as soon as Clay limped out, an iron collar cupped around his neck and a chain looped around his furry hands. Clay whined sheepishly as Ranboo tugged the chains, forcing him to trudge forward. Before he disappeared to the hallway, he caught a glimpse of something peculiar. A tail. Clay knew only one person who had that fur color. The familiar mocha brown fur. Tubbo.

Tubbo's POV

Damn this place is cold. I was nearly caught by Techno himself, and I swear Clay saw me. Bet he didn't thought of me saving him, always calling me a baby. Urgh, what a crock. Whatever, lay low and stay focus. Okay, I saw Ranboo pulled Clay through the hallway and I bet they're gonna do some scientific crap on him. I sauntered to the hallway, hoping not to be seen. I heard a voice. 

"Tubbo?! Holy crap! How did you get in?" Tommy yelled, his shouts lowering to a whisper.

"The metal door was taken down. I got in with no security dudes guarding the area." I explained. "I'll come back for you with Clay and his girlfriend." Tommy smirked at me.

I followed Clay's scent to a room, with barely any sort of decoration. I pushed the door open gently, hoping to not make even a morsel creak. I ducked beneath a table and stayed quiet as I peeped from under it, catching a glance of my brother with two maniac scientists. Dave had his back facing me and I luckily wasn't in Ranboo's point of view. Clay's emerald green eyes shot at me, without having to turn his head. He growled at me, then a few sharp whines and finally a snarl. At first it seemed as if he was talking nonsense, but not long after it hit me. I have heard of what Clay was trying to do, it was more of remembering instead of learning now. 

"Wolf Talk." I muttered under my breathe.

Clay nodded lightly as Techno gave him a hard glare. I remember Clay telling me all about it, me clearly not taking any attention to his lecture. 

'Why do we have to know this-" I recalled saying.

'Wolf Talk is mostly used in times where there's a, uh, war or when we lupines find it hard to communicate." Clay continued, sitting next to me as his tail wagged idly.

Times like this is when Wolf Talk is used. I tried to translate what Clay had said, me obviously struggling to recall of what three sharp whines meant. The last time I used Wolf Talk was when we were practicing it during hunting deer. I wrote the meanings in my head, constantly loosing track of what I had unscramble. It took me an unbearable ten minutes to decode what my brother said. I felt my blood went cold as I read it in my head, I took a quick glance at Clay, who had hefty chains and metal cuffs around him, disbelieve of what I discovered. He looked at me, a loop-sided grin cocked on his face. He whined coolly at me: Trust me. I nodded bleakly as I remained myself under the table, ready for the signal in which Clay would give. This is going to get real nasty.