7

Àyànfé

"Wake up A... Dad is about to go to the airport in thirty minutes" My brother said, tapping me awake.

"I'm up I'm up" I replied groggily, shrugging his hand off me. He left the room, then I got up and went into the bathroom to do my hygiene. I spent way lesser time in the bathroom that I would have on a normal day. I was bubbling with excitement.

I got out of the bathroom, dried myself with a towel, then quickly rubbed in my Niveah cocoa butter lotion. I slipped into the simple outfit I had picked out from my closet before my nap. An oversized purple graphic t-shirt I stole from Tokunbo and black biker shorts. Then I let my box braids down from my bonnet. I went to my dresser to pick out some jewelry. I took out my tennis necklace and stud earrings. I slipped on my white ankle socks and purple Crocs, picked up my iPhone 12, then made my way out the room.

"About time" My Dad said sarcastically as I walked into the living room.

"Yeah yeah" I waved him off. We went out to the garage and got into the car.

"TK isn't coming with us?" I asked.

"Nope" He replied, popping the 'p'. He started the car and we drove out of the house. I connected my phone to the aux cord and Sare by Ayra Starr started blasting off.

"Ahh that's my shit" My Dad said, and we began vibing to the music, singing on top of our voices. My Dad is just forty and he is a cool parent. He knew all the latest trends and he was just the type of parent you share a joke with and he understands immediately.

We got to the airport about an hour later. The Lagos traffic was terrible. My Dad parked the car in the lot, then we walked into the crowded airport.

"How are we going to find them bayi?" I asked, hands on my hips. The airport was bustling with life and excitement. There was an air of busyness in here.

"I ju–" I cut him off.

"Ooohhh look at them! I can see them right there!" I jumped excitedly, pointing towards my cousins and Uncle.

(Audrey)