26

Àyànfé

"Y'all are actually leaving meeeee" I pouted teary-eyed, at my cousins. We were all at the airport, waiting for their return flight to the US.

"Oh don't be a baby!" Dior laughed playfully at me, pulling me into a tight hug. "You know we'll still call and text everyday"

"But...but you girls are not even gonna be around for my birthday party" I continued to pout. My eighteenth birthday was coming up in less than two weeks and I finally convinced my parents to let me throw a "small" birthday party. It was going to be anything but small, but hey, who's checking?

"We're sorry! You know college is starting real soon, so we gotta go sort shit out" Audrey tried to reason with me, but I wasn't having it.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes as everyone shook their heads at me.

"You're being a real brat Ayanfe..." My younger sister, Monifa—emphasis on younger—said to me.

"Shey dis one dey mad? If I slap you" I glared at her. [Is this one crazy?]

"You girls should just stop this, okay?" Mommy Monifa reprimanded both of us.

"We didn't see much of you sha, Uncle Folu..." Tokunbo raised his brows at our uncle, waiting on him to answer.

"You know I was busy with some work now TK" Uncle Folu replied, a small smirk on his face.

"Hmmm..." I eyed him suspiciously. Uncle Folu was someone you could never know what he was up to. He always made everything seem suspicious.

"Hey, I think it's time for us to board" Audrey said, straining her ears to be sure she heard well.

"Alright family" Uncle Folu got up like he was about to give a heartfelt speech. "We would definitely meet again soon"

"Of course Folu, don't be dramatic" Dad laughed, patting his brother on his back.

"Bye everyone!" We all shared hugs and I'll miss you's.

We watched the trio walk comically with their luggages towards the takeoff line, and bust out in a fit of laughter.

"Our family's really weird, y'know" Tokunbo chuckled, shaking his head.

"Realllyyy weird" I agreed, mirroring his expression.

Author's note

Hey guyssss! 😩. Guess who's back?! Your favorite writerrrrr😭😭. My loves I know I've been the absolute worst since the beginning of the year, and I sincerely apologise to the people who actually love this book.

I don't even have a reason for ghosting on y'all, but it's okay.

Anyways I decided to drop this super short chapter, cos I couldn't bear to keep on waiting any longer. I wanted it to be longer but my brain ain't cooperating 😂.

It's extremely short, but bear with me. Don't forget to VOTE⭐, COMMENT AND SHARE with your people.

I love you so very much 💜