•••The Darkest Hour Pt.2•••

Mack's POV

Mack's POV

I was cold, dirty, I smelled like chicken noodle soup and desperation, and I couldn't stop thinking about how much I really just wanted to punch the wall.

I didn't know what I was going to do when that court date came up and Johnny and I would get our verdict. I feel like once I'm standing there in front of the judge I will  just freeze and become mute on the spot.

JJ has got to have some kind of crazy plan to get us out of this hell hole. Because I sure as hell don't.

•••••••••

3rd Person POV

"I'm gonna testify under oath. I was there. I just need to get a hold of my sister." Sarah explained to the group.

"Sister?" JJ sighed.

"Kie, do you have your phone? Wheezie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day." Sarah continued.

"Wheezie??" JJ asked in disbelief that the youngest Cameron would be of any help to them.

"I don't know what else to do. I got us into this mess. I'm gonna do my best to get us out." Sarah states as she walks into the Château.

JJ scoffs, "Wheezie? Yeah, that will work. Well, she's right about one thing. We gotta do something. Our boy, and my girl are a PO-dub right now, okay? They're held captive by the enemy right now, maybe even scheduled for execution. Are we just gonna sit here?" JJ started to yell, his voice gaining volume quickly.

"What's the plan? We start by kidnapping Shoupe?" Kiara huffed as she got up from her seat.

"Maybe, like, that's not the worst idea actually." JJ shrugged in all seriousness.

"Oh, it's not?" Kiara asked, sarcasm laced in her tone.

"No!" JJ yelled back.

"That is actually the worst idea I've ever heard." Pope piped up from the corner.

"It's pretty bad." Sarah chimed in through the open window.

"You know? Please, just stay out of this. Okay, Pope, look, we've been doing everything your way, and how has that been working out?" JJ asked the Heyward boy.

"Okay, okay, so what's your plan? You gonna storm a jail, guns a-blazing?" Pope questioned him.

"Look, Pope, all I'm trying to get you to understand is they got our friends. Are we just going to sit here and do nothing? No! We're gonna get their asses. We're gonna do something about it!" JJ shouted in Pope's face.

"JJ, we're not storming a jail. It's not happening." Pope shook his head in denial.

"No, fine, man. Sit in your comfy chair. Do nothing. I'm gonna see what I can do. Make something happen, even if I have to do it by myself." JJ nodded, rearranging his hat on his head.