•••The Bonfire Pt.4•••

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV

"Remember what happened on the beach? Do you want to go through that again?" Topple shouts into John B's face, still pinning him to the ground.

"Hey!" Pope yelled, pushing through the crowd.

"Guys, let's go!" Kiara shouted, taking Mack's hand.

"JJ!" Pope waved the Maybank boy over to help him break up the fight.

"Get the hell off of him!" JJ shouted at Topper as he ran over to yank him off John B.

Pope then went after Kelce as JJ wrapped his arms around Topper's shoulders from behind and dragged him away.

"It's not worth it!" Kie shouted at whoever would listen.

"We gotta get out of here, come on!" Mack shouted as she tried to step in until Kiara held her back.

JJ went over to help John B up off the ground, "You good? You good? All right."

"I'm good." John B nodded trying to catch his breath.

The five Pogues grouped back up and started booking it to the Twinkie. Shouts could be heard behind them either taunting them for being weak or being concerned that John B was hurt.

••••••••••

Mack's POV

When we made it back to the Twinkie we all just decided to chill out and take a minute.

"Well, that was a little unexpected." JJ belched, leaning against the van's door.

"Was it?" Kie and I asked in unison, smiling at each other.

"You alright over there Johnny?" I asked the freshly beaten teen.

He just gave me a tight lipped smile and a curt nod.

"Hey, maybe she'll come around." JJ tried to cheer John B up.

"It's like everything that happened to us didn't matter." John B mumbled, holding a beer can to his head as a makeshift ice pack.

I crawled over and laid my head on his chest, his arm found his way around my side giving it a light squeeze.

"I think what just happened out there proved the exact opposite actually." I mumbled, rubbing a piece of his bandana in between my fingers.

"How so?" Pope asked from the passenger seat.

I sat up so I could explain my logic to the group.

"Well, I mean, think about it. If y'all really didn't care about each other and wanted to throw away all that you had... there would be no emotion. It would just be 'whatever.' And we all know what just happened was far from 'whatever.'" I looked around to the group, John B giving a small nod as he looked down at the floorboards.