•••The Cross Pt.1•••

Mack's POV

Mack's POV

After that crazy hell of a night I decided I was not going to get up with the rest of the clan and stay in bed.

All snuggled in John B's warm sheets since I didn't want to have to sleep on the couch while they stayed up at the fire. The sun peaking through the almost shear curtains. I could hear the chirps of cardinals in the distance. A little fun fact about cardinals, some like to believe that when you see a cardinal it's a loved one who has passed coming to visit you.

With that in mind, I slip out of bed and look out to a tree branch that likes to knock against the window when it storms. And there you have it, 2 cardinals, a red one, indicating it's a boy, and a brown one, a girl.

I'd like to think that those birds were my parents just stopping by to say hi. But that just might be wishful thinking.

*knock, knock*

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. You ready to come out of your cave?" JJ let the door open as he leaned against the frame with a smile.

I sighed also smiling, "I guess if I have to." I playfully roll my eyes making my way towards him.

"C'mon, you're missing some quality Pogue time." JJ grabbed my hand, pulling me out the door just as I grabbed one of John B's sweat shirts from the floor.

As we step out into the back porch I could see John B sitting in a chair, Kiara laying on the couch with a bandana around her eyes and Pope standing looking out to the water.

"Look who decided to make an appearance!" John B chuckled as he held his arms out.

"I just thought I'd bless you with my presence." I smirked doing our little handshake we made up in 5th grade and rarely do which ends in him pulling me to sit on his lap.

"Last night was crazy, man." JJ shook his head thinking back to the fight and Limbrey's sidekick showing up.

"That was epic." Pope chuckled.

"Did you guys see Kelce's face?" John B asked.

"Bomb drop!" JJ shouts as he dunks a basket ball into the hoop, falling onto an old couch in the process.

"Another broken couch." John B mumbled making me snort which caused John B and I to bust out laughing even more.

"You gotta sleep there." Pope called out to JJ.

"I always sleep there. Unless Mack lets me sleep with her somewhere." JJ shrugs.

"You have not slept on that couch in months." I scoffed.

JJ then whistles and brings our attention to Miss Sarah Cameron as she makes her way through the porch door.

"Well, hello, Princess." JJ nods over to her.