•••The Cross Pt.4•••

Mack's POV:

Mack's POV:

As we all piled into the Twinkie you could just feel the adrenaline radiating off of the group as we raced down the dirt path towards the church.

But it wouldn't be a Pogue plan if there wasn't something to mess it all up...

"Ah, crap! The tide!" John B huffed as we rolled to a stop just a few feet away from a newly developed swamp.

"Oh, this doesn't look good." Pope sighed.

"How deep is that?" Kiara asked.

"I dunno. The road's gone." John B scoffed.

"Tide rose faster than I thought it would." JJ sighed.

"Just a little bit." John B and I chuckled as we looked at each other.

"Uh, John B, how high are the spark plugs?" JJ asked.

"Y'all... we can't drive through that... let's just get out." I sighed and slid the door open.

"They're good. We're fine." John B nodded not so confidently.

"How high are they?" Pope pressed the subject.

"Oh, umm... Uh, just above the taillight." John B mumbled.

"Okay, so that's, what, three feet?" Pope asked.

"That's three feet. Yeah." JJ agreed.

"It can't be three feet deep." Kiara denied.

I looked at JJ through the rearview mirror with a look of skepticism.

"Guys, I don't want to take that chance..." I mumbled.

"Then what's the problem?" John B ignored me.

"Not a problem. No, we're good. We're good. She'll make it." JJ nodded as Sarah and Kiara looked at me with worried glances.

"Ladies and Gentlemen fasten your seat belts. Hold onto something. We're going into hyperdrive." John B warned the group as we all braced ourselves.

"More like hydro drive..." I joked trying to convince myself that this would work out.

"I'll say a quick prayer." JJ mumbled as he and I did the sign of the cross to "lock it in."

"Three, two, one." John B slammed on the gas as everyone started to freak out at the fact that it seemed like the wheels were just getting deeper and deeper into the mud.

"You got this! You got this" JJ shouted in encouragement.

Water splashing up onto the sides of the van, all across the cracks of the broken windshield. John B doing the best he can to control the vehicle as we race through undetermined depths.

"Speed is your friend. Speed is your friend, John B." JJ shouted.

Just after I thought we might make it out successfully... we take a sharp right and crash into a tree. Stranded.