Chapter 20

After school, Jungkook offered to do the math project at his house. I said sure, it's been a while since I've seen his mom and I wanted to check in with her. Make sure she's doing alright.

I stood on his doorstep, straightening my shirt and pants, making sure I looked presentable. I took a deep breath and let it out before ringing the doorbell.

Jungkook opened the door and flashed me a warm smile before moving aside and inviting me inside. I walked in and saw his mom in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Miss Jeon." I said gaining her attention. "Y/N! It's been so long," she ran up to me and hugged me. "how have you been dear?" she pulled away and cupped my cheeks. "I've been good, how are you?" I smiled sweetly. "I've been wonderful now that you are here," she smiled back at me.

"I'll go upstairs and do laundry you can do your project wherever you'd like," she explained before heading upstairs.

I walked over to the sofa in the living room and plopped myself on the couch. Jungkook walked over and sat a few feet away from me.

"My mom missed you," he interupted the silence. "I missed her too, I'm glad she's doing well." I said.

We sat in silence for a few minutes as I overthought about things. About how I'm there for so many of my friends but they aren't for me when I need them the most.

I came back to reality when I felt a soft hand on my cheek. I looked to my right to see Jungkook with his body almost touching mine as he put his other hand on my open cheek, cupping my face. He closed my eyes and swiped his thumbs over my eyelids, catching the tears that wanted to escape from my eyes.

I opened my eyes and smiled at him. He smiled back as he slowly removed his hands from my face. I grabbed his hands and wrapped them around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck and burried my face into his shoulder.

I sniffed, getting emotional feeling comfort for the first time in the past couple years. Really since Jungkook and I drifted apart.

"You two looked comfortable," I heard a male voice. I pulled away from Jungkook and looked up to see his two friends, Jimin and Yoongi.

I was embarrassed, afraid to speak a single word. I heard a chuckle come from Jimin, "Mind if I join?" he said before taking a seat next to me. "I guess," I responded lowly.

"You okay?" Jimin asked, after a few seconds of silence. I breathed in and out, making sure my voice wouldn't crack when I responded. Sadly, it didn't work, "Yeah, I'm fine," I said as I tried my best not to cry.

"Okay, who wants popcorn?" Jimin stood up and ran to the kitchen. Yoongi walked up to the fridge and grabbed a drink from it. Jungkook looked at me, scanning me.

Jungkook leaned towards my ear and whispered, "Come up to my room, they will just watch a movie." he said before he stood up and walked to the kitchen for water.

I got up, when I saw Jimin and Yoongi weren't paying attention to me and walked upstairs. I walked to his bedroom, the bedroom on the end of the hall on the right.

I walked into his room and immediately jumped onto his bed and wrapped his entire blankets and sheets around me as I curled into a ball.

I closed my eyes, trying to escape from the world. But, I was interupted by the sound of a glass cup being set on the bedstand. I opened my eyes to see Jungkook, he sat down next to me and set his hand on top of my side and gently caressed it.

After a few minutes I sat up against the headboard. I organized the blankets normally and leaned against the headboard, staring at the black tv that was attached to the wall.

"Hey, drink some water," Jungkook said. I turned my head towards him and grabbed the glass of water he held in his hand. I gulped it all down before thanking him and handing the glass back to him. I went back to spacing out and overthinking.

"Y/N?" Jungkook said, gaining my attention. I turned my head towards him to show I was listening to him. "What do you need from me or anyone or anything right now?" he asked.

My eyes roamed around the room. I didn't say a word as I thought. I raised my hands and opened my arms. I couldn't ask for a hug, I don't want to ask for too much of people. But, right now I really needed one.

Jungkook smiled at me before he scooted towards me and pulled me into a hug. Immediately tears began to stream down my face, I was careful not to let out any cries.

After a few minutes, I pulled away and wiped my nose with the sleeve of my hoodie. I layed down on the opposite side of the bed as him and covered myself with a blanket.

Jungkook got off the bed and walked over to me, "Do you want to stay here tonight or do you want me to drive you home?" he asked. "can I stay here?" I asked. "Of course," I'll be in the guest bedroom across from here, just call for me if you need anything." he explained.

"Can you stay here?" I asked. "Sure, I'll grab some blankets really quick. I'll be right back," he said as he cutely hurried out of his bedroom.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over Jungkook. I mean I'm sure we could still be friends and I hope we always will be close to each other.

I heard running up the stairs and soon saw a little girl standing in the doorway with her stuffed animal halfway falling out of her arms.

"Bogi?" I said, gaining the girl's attention. "Y/N-ah?" she excitedly ran up to me. "Oh my gosh how are you my little cupcake?" I asked excited to see her. "I'm great now that you're here," she laughed before hugging me tightly.

"Bogi, Y/N is trying to sleep," a voice was heard at the door. Bogi turned around to see Jungkook. "Good night Jungkook's girlfriend," she smiled before running out of the room.

I just stayed in the position I was in, sat up a bit and with my eyes widened. Jungkook chuckled and walked up to me, "Don't worry she's just joking, unless you want it to be true." he smirked.

"Rude," I grabbed one of the extra pillows on the bed and threw at him as hard as I could. "Oh you're gonna get it," he chuckled grabbing the pillow and throwing it back at me.

We threw the pillow at one another for a few minutes until his mom walked in. "Hey, do you guys mind being a little quiet Bogi is sleeping." she whispered.

"Of course, good night miss Jeon," I got up and walked up to her before embracing her in a warm hug. "Good night Y/N, you've gotten so pretty." she smiled before leaving the room. I closed the door and tried to find my way back to the bed, since it was pitch black.

I tripped over something and landed on top of something soft and a little rough. I soon found out it was Jungkook by him groaning in pain.

"Oh I'm sorry," I put my hands on him and pushed myself off him. "It's okay, I get it I'm a good cuddler," he said making me roll my eyes.