Chapter 1

She looked out of the window of the private limo she booked to take her to the city from LaGuardia airport, as she saw the lights on the street and the people pass by. The surroundings got quieter soon after, and the limo came to a halt infornt of a beautiful, modern townhouse in a lovely neighborhood in the East Village.  The mirror effect on the outside of the windows shielded the interior from outside viewers, but the red brick still gave it a warm and inviting flair. You could make out light on the inside, telling her the inhabitant was at home and waiting for her.

She typed the words "I'm here" into her phone, before adjusting her face mask and pulling up the hood of her oversized sweater, making sure to tuck her hair safely under it, while the driver got out to unload her suitcase from  the trunk. She got out of the car, thankful there were no people around, thanked the driver for his service and confidentiality with a generous tip. She brought a rather large suitcase with a lot of stuff that she intended not to take back to LA with her once this trip came to its end. She took a second to take in her the cacophony of the city audible around her, breathing in the crisp evening air that was so characteristic for an early fall evening in the Northeast.

When the car set into motion again, she looked over to the door of the house, now open, seeing the shadow of a tall, lean man in a hoodie qickly walking towards her.
As he breathed out the word "Finally", she could sense his smile and his excitement in his voice. He grabbed the suitcase, moaning slightly at the weight of it, and they both moved into the house quickly.

He closed the door behind them and put the suitcase down. She pulled off that damn mask and landed it on the floor while he quickly closed the distance between them, not even bothering to take off his hood, pulling her petite figure into his tight embrace and landing his lips on hers. She slightly opened her mouth to deepen the kiss, sinking into it.

God, she could not even find words to describe how much she had missed this over the past few weeks where they had not seen each other. After finally coming clean about the past heartbreak they went through, they had tried to take things step by step moving forward from there, trying to include each other into their lives. Which had been a challenge for the last few weeks after his long-planned holiday with his friend (who would she be to try and keep him from that, even though he had mentioned he could just come over and spend the time with her instead?), his family obligations keeping him in New York and then the legwork she was doing for her current projects. The endless possibilities of the digital world had still enabled them to be in close contact the whole time, but she still had yearned for the physical contact. She still was amazed by the fact how quickly she had become addicted to his touch, even after knowing him for more than  half of her life and sharing so many intimate scenes infront of the camera with him.

After some time, they both needed to break the kiss for some air, which caused her to fall even deeper into his embrace. When he buried his face in her hair, he started to talk in a sweet tone.

"God, I'm so happy you are here. I can't even describe how much I missed you."

After a few short kisses, he caressed her smiling face, sliding his hands from her cheeks to her shoulders down to her elbows, while she still was simply taking him in. Realizing that this was the first time she was at his house, he said:

"I suggest we postpone the house tour until tomorrow. I will carry that thing up to the bedroom, I'm sure you want to wash the flight of..."

"Oh yes, that is a fantastic idea... I haven't been on a plane for a long time, and while I missed the convenience of this, I sure never will love the process."

He picked up the suitcase while she put down her purse in the hallway, making a funny face.

"I take it that you brought some additional stuff to leave here - I love it! I already cleared put some space in the closet because I kind of hoped you would do that. Go ahead up the stairs."