Chapter 14

He touched the sheets next to himself in the bed, only to find her half already empty in the morning. He could smell coffee from downstairs and could hear her rummaging around. Smiling, he decided to save her the hassle and that for once, they would have breakfast together at a proper table. So he grabbed his discarded boxers and a t-shirt and headed downstairs, only to find her in the kitchen, in running clothes and with airpods, moving to the beat of a song that he couldn't hear, humming to it.

He could not help but smile at this cute view infront of him, while she cut oranges in half to squeeze some juice. He tiptoed up behind her, slinging his arms around her waist and sinking his lips down to her neck for a soft kiss, picking up a faint hint of the music she was listening to, before he moved closer to her, swaying along.

He could feel her chest move when she chuckled when she playfully pressed her butt into him while continuing with her little dance, before she pulled one of the earpods out, turned around in his arms to sling her arms around his neck, landing her lips on his.

"Good morning. You have already been out?"

"Yes I felt like a quick morning run, but you were still sleeping, so I thought I would let you tag along another time. You don't like to work out before breakfast anyway so..."

"...Well, THAT depends on the workout" he smiled, before kissing her again.

She was slightly confused when he ended the kiss after a few seconds, looking at her to continue what she was going to say.

"I picked up some fresh croissants on the way back here for a change..." She said, blue eyes sparkling at him.

"That sounds nice. Why don't we eat them here, have breakfast like normal people do?" He suggested, already digging plates and mugs out of the closet.

She nodded her head and brought the paper bag from the bakery over to the kitchen counter he was already setting.

"Is it OK if I leave you alone for a quick shower?" She said.

"Yeah, but only a VERY quick one, for anything else I have to insist to tag along" he said, winking at her.

She let her hand glide over his back, giving him a quick kiss before heading back upstairs.

He started the sound system in the kitchen and put on some upbeat music, while he moved over, half dancing like she had, to squeeze the oranges she had already cut up and pour the juice into glasses.

When he danced back over to the counter, she already came back into the kitchen. He put down the glasses, grabbed her hand, swirled her around into his arms and began to sway to the music. She laughed quietly when he landed his lips on hers wrapping one arm around his neck to complete the dance posture. They leant their foreheads together, happily dancing around in the kitchen, only in their underwear and t-shirts, enjoying themselves.

"Someone is in an extremely good mood today" She stated.

"Oh, I am." He replied "Because I had a date last night! And it went pretty well, I might say..."

"Oh, really?" She asked?

"Yup. Must have left quite an impression when I get sex on the first date."

As he had expected, she laughed at that joke.

"Maybe she was a little desperate when it took you 27 years to man up and ask her out?"

At that, he had to laugh, and bowed down: "Touché, madame."

He pulled her over to sit her down at the counter and poured her some coffee, before asking her: