Chapter 6

🌶🌶

Ever since she had arrived in the city, this was a first, she thought when she blinked her eyes open the next morning. She was lying on her side, feeling his naked body moving close to her and moving away whenever he breathed in and out in his sleep.

She, again, felt the need to pinch herself to make sure she was not dreaming her life the way it was right now. She had, very consciously, after her divorce, decided to stay single for a while and to learn how to be truly happy and in love with herself before she got involved into anything with a man again.

After some time, she realized that their past experiences still haunted her so much that she would not be able to truly love herself without making things right with him again. While she had wanted to rebuild their friendship after alle these years, it never occured to her that finding that last puzzle piece to truly finding herself would indeed cause her to find what she believed to be the love of her life.

If she was being honest, she by now had realized it had always been him and forever would be. It even sounded cheesy in her head, but this was just the way it was. He had always been the person who understood her best, and while her consciousness had still thought that the attraction might mostly be physical, she knew deep down inside that this was not the case. He just represented everything that she could possibly want.

She smiled at his slight, audible snoring, deciding what to do next. As he had served her so so well in the last few days, she decided to surprise him today.

She carefully peeled herself out of his embrace, tiptoeing over to the closet, taking her smartphone to provide some light for her to get some fresh clothes.

She then proceeded down to the kitchen, fixing some eggs, toast and fruit salad along with the mandatory can of coffee with everything else they needed. She put everything on a tray, carefully carrying it up the stairs, trying not to wake him up.

When she reentered the bedroom, she sat the tray down on the dresser at the foot end of the bed. She sat down next to him, his back facing towards her, gently kissing the back of his neck right below the hairline, waking him up. He lazily turned around, pulling her down on the bed beside him. His eyes were still closed as he patted his hands over her body, moaning slightly disappointed becaue she had already gotten dressed.

She peeled herself out of his embrace, smiling at his still sleepy face, she gently kissing his lips, before speaking: "I made you breakfast"

He absently smiled at her, before replying in a joking tone: "Ok, that kind of makes up for this". He gently pulled on the hem of her shirt to state his overall disapproval.

She took over the tray and they made themselves comfortable in bed with their breakfast. They looked out of the window and checked the weather forecast. Still looked gloomy enough to keep people in the house and to wear your hoodie pulled down in your face, but at least it was not raining. Since this was already the 5th day of her stay in town and she was yet to leave the house, they started to make plans on what to do outside that day.

After cleaning up their breakfast, they put on the most inconspicuous clothing they could find, grabbed their masks and pulled up their hoods before stepping out of the house.

Walking the street, then hitting up 2nd Avenue in uptown direction to Central Park, they still stayed away from the busier streets, but it was beautiful to just be out together, hands entwined as per usual. They occasionally gave each other excited smiles and glances, feeling sneaky in this situation.

Realizing that obviously their disguise was good enough to shield them from people taking notice, they relaxed and simply embraced the feeling of normalcy while still being around people. When they reached 65th Street, they turned to the left to cross over to Central Park, picking up a coffee and some bird food before they entered the park.