#49

Chan had texted the group that they were going to have practice at the end of this week.

Hyunjin sighed as he turned off his phone and laid his head down on his desk. He couldn't concentrate, on anything.

Every time he saw Seungmin, he couldn't help but be reminded how he was too late. It was even hard to look at Chan too.

Hyunjin felt himself, dozing off until he was woken up by his sister.

"Hyunjin, are you okay?" She asked, concerned, seeing the state he was in.

Hyunjin lifted his head, and as Yeji saw the dried tears and puffy eyes on her brother's face, she became even more concerned.

"Hyunjin!" She said, packing his stuff for him and dragging him to the nurse's office.

She sat him on one of the beds and closed the curtains, for privacy.

"Hyunjin, what's wrong? Is everything all right?" She asked, sincerely, which made him start to tear up.

"No, I'm not." Hyunjin sighed, as tears ran down his face. "Seungmin's getting married..." He said making Yeji shocked. She had suspected that her brother had feelings for the boy but this confirmed it and made her confused.

"To who?" She asked, trying to comfort her brother. She hadn't seen her brother cry in a long time, which made her heart ache.

"Chan. It's an arranged marriage..." Hyunjin said, sadly and lowly. Yeji was shocked but didn't express it to not make her brother feel even worse.

"We're also playing at the wedding," Hyunjin said, sniffling and trying to wipe his tears away with his sleeves. 

"What?" She asked again, making sure she heard correctly. "Yeah, you should come and see us, it's gonna be amazing..." Hyunjin said sarcastically, grabbing his backpack.

Yeji could tell her brother was hurting.

"Hyunjin, I'm sorry, but this isn't the end of the world. You'll find someone else!" Yeji said trying to stay optimistic. She was usually good with this kind of stuff, but it was different with her brother.

"It might as well be the end," Hyunjin said getting off the bed. "Thanks for trying. I'll see you at home." He said exiting the room, leaving Yeji alone with her thoughts.

Fuck, I just made him feel worse. She sighed and walked out of the room, heading to class.

~~~

Chan tried talking to Jeongin all day, but he would either run away or ignore him.

What the hell? Why is he ignoring me? Did I do something?

Chan felt the younger getting distant from him which made him feel a bit heartbroken.

He found the younger again, in the hallways and saw him turn into the library. This might be my chance!

Chan followed the younger and saw that they were the only two in there.

As Chan got closer, he saw Jeongin looking at different books, checking them out before putting them back.

Chan grabbed the younger's hand before Jeongin had any chance to react, locking him into a corner with Chan's arms on each side of him, meaning, he couldn't get out.

Jeongin panicked because he didn't see Chan and he suddenly appeared out of nowhere and was very close to the older.

Very close.

"Jeongin, I know you've been avoiding me all day. Are you mad at me? Did I do something?" Chan interrogated, making Jeongin have a blank expression.