Chapter 20•

Author's POV:-

"Who is she to you? Huh?" Aadarsh kept pushing Zain to tell what Khushi is to him.

"You love her, don't you?"

"What she has done to you that you're fighting with me?"

"I won't leave that freaking bitc-" and before Aadarsh could complete Zain punched him hard on face holding his collar in one hand.

"She is my SISTER! DAMN IT" And Aadarsh stopped.

His grip loosed the moment he heard it.

His Sister! Zain's Sister!

"You are lying" Zain sighed. He told him the thing which he wanted to tell Khushi first.

"I-I'm not lying" Aadarsh was not ready to believe what he heard but before he could negotiate further they heard a voice.

"What you two are doing?" They looked to see Mahira standing there looking at them with shock and confusion.

They followed her gaze and saw their position. Aadarsh was holding Zain's collar and Zain was holding Aadarsh's.

They quickly left each other's collar.

"You two are fighting here and there your friend is looking for you" They both just looked at each other. 

"Are you going to tell me what the actual hell you are doing here?" Mahira asked in irritation after not getting their answer.

"Would you tell her or not?" Zain looked at Aadarsh, glaring at him. Aadarsh chuckled.

"So no,huh? okay I will tell her" 

"Khushi is Zain's-"

"DON'T" Zain stopped him before he could complete his sentence.

"Khushi what? tell me Aadarsh" Mahira looked at Zain waiting for him to tell her.

"I will tell you at right time,Mahira" Zain said and left.

Aadarsh didn't tell her thinking it's his matter and he would tell everyone whenever he is ready forgetting that a minute before he was going to tell Mahira.

"They must be waiting" saying this Aadarsh also left.

Mahira follwed them. while the ceremony was being performed Mahira's eyes were on Khushi. 

'Is she hiding something from me' Mahira has this thought.

Aadarsh's way of seeing Khushi completely changed after knowing she is Zain's sister.

When the ceremony was finally done.  Siya and Lakshya were sent to mansion whereas everyone else were in palace.

They all were sitting together after changing into their comfort clothes.

"Everything went well" Siya's mother said. 

Zain's mother give look to her husband before speaking.

"I wanted to talk about something to you Mrs.Ahuja" She cleared her throat before talking.

"Actually I was thinking that like Lakshya and Siya got married so I was thinking about Zain's marriage" She took a pause to see reaction on Mahira's mother face.

"I was looking for a nice girl for Zain and I-I like your daughter uhm Mahira" A smile appeared on Mahira's mother face.

"You just said what I wanted to say. I was about to ask about it,I really like your son"

"MOM!" Mahira tried to stop her mother.

"What? I want you to see your marriage and he is such a good  guy" 

"Mom I told you not to mention it yet you do"Mahira saw a frustration on Zain's face. Mahira did not know why she felt heartache in her heart.

'does not he like me?' Mahira thought.

If this was different situation then Mahira would definitely will say yes for this marriage and who won't like to get marry to crush. Yes,crush. Mahira realized Zain had become her crush.

But now in this situation,she is hating the thing that their family is talking about marriage.

"But why not zain? I know you like her" Mahira's head snapped at him and so as his.

This was not what his mother was supposed to say right now infront of her.

Of course he like her too but then what was stopping him from saying yes.

"I think this is big thing. Why not give them sometime to know each other?" Khushi said.

"She is right. You should give them sometime" Aadarsh said agreeing with Khushi.

If Aadarsh didn't know Khushi happens to be Zain's sister he would definitely take it in wrong way and would give sarcasm comment.

"Okay. A week just a week then we want to listen yes" Mahira's mother said and everyone agreed with her.

After making situation awkward for their children everyone left to their room.

Zain and Mahira shared look and left to their room.

When they reached in room. Mahira remember Aadarsh words. He was about to say something about Khushi.

"Khushi" Mahira called Khushi. She turned waited for her to start speaking.

"Are you hiding something from me Khushi"

"No. What made you think like that" Mahira shook her head.

"Nothing. Come sleep. I' tired" Khushi smile and nodded.

"So zain are you going to tell me when khushi become your khushi" Zain knew he has to tell him otherwise Aadarah is not a person who will leave this topic if you said you don't want to tell him.

"Remember the day when we were at their place and some lady came" Aadarsh nodded remebering that day.

"But how this is rel-" Zain cut him off.

"Mahira took us in room and that room was of Khushi and there-there i saw picture of ou-r family. I saw my mother and father" Aadarsh noticed how Zain gritted when he said father but he love his father then why this reaction.

Also there was not any picture of his family but her family then it hit him.

"You are adop-adopted?" Zain smiled.

"yes" 

So you guys guessed right.

Khushi is Zain's sister.

But why Zain his own father whereas Khushi loved him?