Chapter 20: Look forward to

At the moment, Gaara and [First name] are sitting next to each other while staring at one another on top of a cliff, it was silent while the girl's face was as red as Gaara's hair.

"What?" She finally choked out.

"I said, you'll be pretty in the future."

"Yeah I heard but.. what?"

Gaara sighed and was about to explain the sentence, "Do you actually mean that? That I'll be pretty in the future?" [First name] asked again, the red on her face not fading away.

He nodded, making the girl reveal a shy smile, "Thank you.."

"I should go now! It's getting late and I need sleep!" She hurriedly said, remembering that she's been sitting here for some time.

"See you tomorrow, Gaara!" [First name] waved and left his line of sight quickly.

Gaara watched her rush away, with no emotion present on his face.

[First name] stopped behind a wall, "Yo.. who said you could treat someone who simps for you like that? Sure they may be happy to hear it, but have you not got any concern for their heart?" She muttered to herself and bit her thumb.

After calming herself down, she continued on going to the inn, went to the room to get her clothes, cleaned herself and went back to the room to go to sleep.

Morning came by and [First name] looked dazed, the twins glanced at each other before calling out to her, but she didn't hear.

Yumeka poked her cheek where her food was, bringing her back from her dazed state, "Huh? What?" [First name] questioned as she quickly chew her food that was in her mouth.

"You okay? You've been in a dazed ever since you woke up.." Yumeka asked in concern.

"Ah.. just thinking of things.." The Maeda quickly answered and took more food and ate, ignoring the stares her team was giving her.

Daichi spoke up and broke the silence, "After tomorrow, we'll be heading back to Konoha. Enjoy the time we have left here and then prepare for our journey back." He smiled at his students, who in return smiled and nodded back.

After breakfast, the three students decided to go back to the cliff and have a picnic, "If only sensei wasn't busy.." [First name] muttered as she held her knees close to her chest and Yumeka stretched her legs in front of her and her hands supported her body from behind, while Tsukiko laid in between her and Yumeka, reading the book he had been reading yesterday.

"Mhm.. now I'm hungry." Yumeka muttered, and put one hand over her stomach.

"Same." [First name] went towards the bag filled with snacks and took two bags of chips out, "Which do you prefer, original or barbecue?"

"I like barbecue!" She handed the bag to Yumeka, who excitedly opened it and took a chip out, "Tsukiko, you aren't gonna eat any?" The girl turned to her twin, who only glanced at the bag before looking back at the book.

"I prefer cheese." He muttered, making [First name] dig back into the bag and bring out another bag of chips, "Here, chips for everyone!" Tsukiko sat up before closing the book and took the bag.

"Thanks.." they all sat in silence, only the sound of the bags and the crunch was heard.

[First name] thought back on her life, 'Tsukiko.. Tsukki.. Kiko?' She tilted her head slightly, "Do you two have any nicknames by the way?"

"We sure do, when my parents and Tsukiko is too lazy to call out my full name, they call me 'Meka' or 'Yuyu'" Yumeka said as she popped another chip into her mouth, while [First name] nodded.